Third-party developers had news to share today about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We start with iniBuilds which released an extensive development update, starting with the Airbus A310.
It’s worth reminding that this aircraft will be released for free with the 40th Anniversary Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
“Development is going very well, and the last post focused a lot on the exterior. Today, I am pleased to show you some elements of the beautiful cockpit that will be coming with this aircraft.
A lot of the elements are complete, with final refinements being conducted and you can also see some of the features coming into the EFB. As mentioned in our last post, we will provide a comprehensive training guide on the operation of the aircraft and how all the systems can be used. Please note this is not a modern Airbus so there are some quirks and they have been fully reflected in the aircraft to provide a great deal of immersion, and these will all be explained in our training series!
We have some other items we have not revealed yet, that we will show next month, but for now I leave you with two more fantastic exterior shots.”
The developer is also working on an update of its London Heathrow Airport (EGLL) in the UK.
You can check out a few screenshots below and a list of changes. The update is undergoing final testing on performance.
- Hilton Garden Inn bug fix
- Terminal 2b emissive improvements
- Terminal 5a detailed interior and improved night lighting
- Terminal 2 limited interior and improved night lighting
- Terminal 5b texture and geometry improvements, limited interior with improved night lighting
- Terminal 5c texture and geometry improvements, limited interior with improved night lighting
- Various Vehicle Path decals added
- Various Taxi-way decals added
- Improvements to T2 Construction Area
- Minor Improvements to T3 Landside detail
- Added custom Runway Exit Lighting (orange-green alternating)
- Added aprons and lines to Fire and Maintenance Area
- Added Landside detail for Cargo Terminal area
- Added lighting to T5 Industrial Area
- Changed gate 236 to 237 (including signage etc)
- Yellow lines now sorted under runway markings
- Added double-white line around parking/taxi boundaries
- Added parking position for G515 (fix for incorrect jetway being called at 516)
- Adjusted jetway rotation for G516 to prevent obstruction to VDGS
- Added exclude under Concorde model
- Rework of airline gate allocation
We also hear from iniBuilds that San Antonio International Airport (KSAT) is in the final stage of development before moving on to testing.
Last, but not least, the developer announced that it has three projects in development in the area of the screenshots below, which portrays the first of these projects. While the name was not officially announced, it’s LAPD Hooper Heliport in Los Angeles, California, US.
This means that the other two projects are also in the LA area.
Next is a trailer of the Steam Gauges Overhauls for the default Beechcraft King Air and Cessna 208B Grand Caravan from Just Flight and Black Square.
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, the world update, and more.
If you’re curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Anchorage International Airport, Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.