Third-party developers had three scenery add-on releases to share today for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
That being said, it’s a real beauty.
Next comes Orbx, which released its Landmarks Panama City Pack. Despite the name, it doesn’t include just the city, but also plenty of work done on the famous Panama Canal.
It’s currently available on Orbx Direct for a fairly affordable $9.87. Below you can take a look at a gallery and a list of official features.
- All five canal lock groups, modeled in high detail, from the Cocilo Locks on the Pacific coast to Gatun Locks on the Atlantic side.
- Historic and administrative canal buildings and monuments, plus the Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center.
- Special focus on the approaches to the canal, including container, oil, and cruise terminals, control towers.
- More than 50 different types of static vessels, placed throughout the canal and port areas.
- Detailed models of the Centennial Bridge and Atlantic Bridge, crossing the canal.
- Custom landmarks in Panama City include the historic Casco Viejo district, as well as modern towers such as Bellagio and The Grand Tower.
- More than 60 medium-detail custom buildings of Panama City: highrises, museums, government buildings, stadiums, etc.
- Several buildings with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on vessels throughout the canal.
- Animated features and special effects on both water and land.
- Custom orthoimagery for downtown Panama City and the north and south ends of the canal.
- Many enhancements throughout the coverage area: improved vegetation and building placements, extensive terraforming, and shoreline adjustments.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.
Another release comes from Aerosoft and ST Simulations, and it’s Adana Şakirpaşa Airport (LTAF) in Turkey.
It’s available on Aerosoft’s own store for €13.27. here’s what you can expect:
- Highly Detailed Textures, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), Reflective and Realistic Textures
- Realistic and Highly Detailed Representation of the Airport
- Realistic ground markings
- Custom 3D ATC Tower and Interior
- Custom Domestic and International Terminal
- Custom Airport Buildings
- Custom ARFF
- Custom Taxiway Signs
- Custom Hangars
- Custom Airport’s Vehicles, Buses, Aircrafts (static)
- Custom Lighting
- Custom Apron/Tarmac and Runway Textures
- Custom ILS Antenna, VOR
- Custom Aircraft the Bayraktar TB-2 UAV (static)
Update: IniBuilds also released London Heathrow (EGLL) in the UK.
The airport is now available on the developer’s own store for $24.45.
Here’s what you can expect from this highly-anticipated airport:
- 80+ custom modelled and textured POIs and buildings in and out of the airport boundary with accurate PBR texturing.
- 10,000+ custom iniScene car models scattered throughout parking lots outside of the airport boundary.
- Aggressive performance saving methods featuring LOD model optimization (Level of Detail) and meticulous optimization where possible throughout the scenery.
- Full Xbox compatibility and optimization when purchased on the Microsoft Store for Xbox.*
- 5 accurately-placed jetway variations with realistic PBR texturing and animations.
- Hand-made ground polygons featuring custom decals, dirt, taxi lines and ground markings.
- Over 430 custom made and hand placed taxi signs dotted throughout the airfield as in the real world.
- Main airport landsides with ground markings and lighting faithfully re-created.
- British Airways Concorde G-BOAB faithfully recreated and on-display before runway 27L.
- Over 2,500 individually placed accurately colour toned airport lights scattered around the terminals.
- Accurate logos and real-world decals scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling.
- Custom-created, accurate and known landside points of interest such as the landmark
- Emirates A380 and Turkish Airlines roundabouts.
- Hand-corrected, colour accurate ortho imagery.
- Hand-placed bespoke ground service equipment at each gate featuring over 2,000+ containers, 2,000+ cargo dollies and a plethora of various static equipment.
- Animated points of interest including radio towers and construction cranes.
Recently, we published our latest interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann and we heard more about Microsoft’s plans for the next few months, including World Update Australia.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.