Today third-party developers had interesting reveals and releases to share about add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
At the moment, we don’t know when this will release, but more updates have been promised “very soon.”
The screenshots showcase the work being done with the decals on the fuselage, enabling extremely detailed stencil with a small performance footprint.
Moving on to releases, Got Friends launched its Discus-2c Premium glider, which can be purchased on Flightsim.to for €14.73 plus applicable VAT.
- Discus-2c (Original) Variant
- Discus-2c (FES) Motor Variant
- Custom LX-Navigation and GPS-Navigation Display
- Built-In Winch Launch and Launch Vehicle System
- Built-In Towplane Connectivity to Multiplayer or AI Aircraft
- 4 Included Thermal Activated Weather Presets
- 4 Base + 6 Premium Liveries
- Custom FES Motor Control Unit with Realistic Thermal Dynamics
- Realistic Flight Model and Polar Curve
- Custom V8 Variometer with Customization, Sounds, Netto\/Total Modes, and MacCready Adjustment
- 8k/4k Texture Sets with High Quality 3D Modeling
- Cockpit Customization “On-The-Fly” including Canopy Tints
- Ballast Dump Management System
- Ballast Dump Effects, Vortices Effects, and Landing Effects
- In-Game Checklists and Tooltips
- Interactive Oxygen Tank System
- Custom High Quality Sounds
- Included Wing Wheels and Optional Navigation Lights
- Yawstring with Custom Animations
- Included Got Friends Glider Club Airfield
- Full Kinetic Assistant Compatibility
- Full XCSoar Compatibility
If you’d like to try a free version with fewer features, you can download the “standard” edition.
Another release comes from Spinoza, and it’s Lausanne Airport (LSGL) in Switzerland.
You can purchase it on SimMarket for $16.52 plus applicable VAT and watch a trailer below.
Fan-favorite airport developer FlyTampa revealed a tease for a new airport that should be announced soon.
Given the reference to Borat, it could be Corfu, but your guess is as good as mine.
Last, but not least, SamScene3D provided a tentative roadmap for the rest of 2022, with the cautionary note that it’s not final. It also includes updates to various packages that have already been released.
- Beijing City Times (in progress)
- Tibet Journey (in progress)
- Italy Scenic World Vol.1 (in progress)
- Buenos Aires City (gathering information)
- Macau VMMC update (planned)
- Chongqing Magic City 8D update (planned)
- Guangzhou ZGGG update (planned)
- Japan Fukuoka update (planned)
- Jeju airport and city (planned)
- China Xiamen (gathering information)
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, the world update, and more.
If you’re curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Anchorage International Airport, Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.