Today both Microsoft and third-party developers had quite a few releases to share for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including the much-anticipated Top Gun: Maverick DLC.
The movie-themed expansion is completely free and it includes the following.
- A “Top Gun: Maverick Edition” livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.
- Three training missions for the Super Hornet that will allow you to master radical flight maneuvers including unrestricted take-offs, split S maneuvers, and low altitude, high-speed maneuvering through complex terrain.
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require utmost skill to navigate just above mountains and traverse through canyons.
- A carrier deck landing challenge, one of the most demanding operations in the world of military aviation.
- A never-before-unveiled hypersonic aircraft that can attain speeds of Mach 10 and altitudes greater than 150,000 feet above sea level.
- A mission to roar into the stratosphere.
Remember that you need to manually download it from the in-game official marketplace.
The good folks at Northern Sky Studio revealed that they’re working on Lanai Airport (PHNY) in Hawaii, United States. It will release in June.
Next, we have three payware airport releases. The first is Radin Inten II International Airport (WILL) serving Bandar Lampung in Indonesia, created by Suroboyo Simulation.
It’s currently available on Simmarket for $10.34 plus applicable VAT.
Next, we get the launch of Denham Aerodrome (EGLD) in the UK by Burning Blue Design.
It’s currently available on Orbx Central for $16.94.
- Over 80 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Denham Aerodrome, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Thousands of carefully placed stock assets.
- Enhanced high resolution colour corrected ground textures.
- Highly detailed control tower and café interiors.
- Working analogue weather instrument in control room.
- Custom windsock.
- Dynamic objects and visitors change depending on the time of day.
- Full night lighting with runway lights and working APAPI
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement.
Lastly, FeelThere released its Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) in Germany.
It’s available on Simmarket for $12.76 plus applicable VAT.
Below you can find a gallery and a few bullet points, but it’s worth mentioning that they include “custom animated jetways,” but those we see in the images definitely look like they’re the default models.
- Modeled buildings with high resolution PBR textures
- Custom animated jetways
- Airport follows real world terrain slope
- Enhanced airport lighting
- Custom taxi signs with emissive lighting
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.