Today third-party developers released new add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator and revealed more assets for future ones.
We get to see two new videos of the upcoming Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer by Just Flight. Specifically, the first video is a general overview that shows the exterior, the in-game checklists, and the engine startup.
The second video focuses on the EFB (electronic flight bag) tablet and its features.
Staying in the realm of aircraft, FlyingIron Simulations released its P-38L Lightning.
It can be purchased at the developer’s own store for $45.00 AUD taxes included. Below you can read a list of features and check out a gallery of images.
- High-quality, extensively detailed and accurate 3D Model & texturing brings to life every rivet, screw & oil streak of the P-38L
- Immersive Wwise Sound design built from professional recordings of a real P-38 and Allison V-1710. Highly dynamic sound design captures each detail of flight in stereo; dynamic wind noise, drag & buffer sounds, high-g effects, airframe stress & so much more!
- 9 included liveries, including Richard Bong’s iconic livery. Professional quality nose art included in many liveries.
- Detailed & Extensive simulations of the Lightnings core systems, including accurate, code-driven replications of the Lightnings Fuel, Engine, Cooling and Electrical Systems.
- Incredibly realistic Flight Model created by our newest team member, the highly respected GotGravel!
- Custom code-driven heat & thermodynamics modelling, extensive engine management simulation
- Realistic Engine Start-up modelling (don’t forget your checklists!)
- Optional Drop Tanks
- Custom damage modelling & failures, including heat damage & operating limits
- 3D GNS 430 fully integrated into the cockpit (optional)
- Modern Radio / Transponder Unit
- Inclusion of FlyingIron’s UI Tablet (optional). The tablet incorporates many useful GUI features and puts them in an easily accessible and realistic in-cockpit Touchscreen Tablet.
- Interactive checklists available to guide you through start-up and flight procedures
Moving on to airports, Aerosoft released St Mary’s Airport (EGHE) in the Isles of Scilly, UK, developed by Stairport.
It can be purchased on the publisher’s store for €12.25 including VAT.
- Realistic replica of the last state of construction of EGHE St. Mary Airport
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using 4K PBR throughout the entire airfield
- Clutter objects and 3D people to bring the airport to life
- Custom HD ground layout with special reflection effects
- Handmade mesh to correct the coast line and realistic runway slope
- Custom static aircrafts reflecting the real traffic at the airfield (randomized)
- Perfectly embedded in the MSFS environment
- Optimized for performance based on specifications by Microsoft
- Compatible with MSFS World Update III: UK and Ireland
- Thrilling approach over the steep slope at sea
Drzewiecki Design provided another look at the hangars for Chicago Midway International Airport (KMDW) in the United States (first two screenshots) and Warsaw Modlin Airport (EPMO) in Poland (the rest).
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, focusing on the Xbox version and short and long-term plans for the sim (on both platforms).
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.