Kicking off 2018 in style is Monster Hunter World on PS4 and Xbox One. Players assume the role of a monster hunter, tasked with exploring extraordinary locales as they take on giant monsters in epic battles. You’ll need to track the monsters, exploit their weaknesses, and use any crafting materials you find to build even better armor and weapons if you’re going to reach the end.
Monster Hunter World may be a great point to jump in for newcomers to the series, but there’s still a lot of working parts to get your head around. Similarly, veterans of the series may just need to touch up their knowledge ahead of jumping in and owning the many enormous monsters roaming the different worlds.
To give all you Monster Hunter World players a helping hand along the way, we’ve decided to create this guide. Whether you simply want to know how to save your game, or how to beat that one particularly aggressive monster, we’ve got you covered.
Please note, this guide is a work-in-progress and will continue to be updated as we uncover more of the secrets of Monster Hunter World. Be sure to check back soon for more guides, or sound off in the comments with a question and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
- Release Date: January 26, 2018
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, and PC (TBA 2018)
Monster Hunter World Basic Info
- 5 Things to Do After Beating Monster Hunter World
- How to Redeem Beta Items and Rewards
- Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- Is it PS4 Pro Compatible?
- Is it Xbox One X Enhanced?
- Is Monster Hunter World Coming to Nintendo Switch?
- Can You Skip Cutscenes?
- What the Install Size Is
- Does it Have Microtransactions?
- How Long it Is & How Many Chapters There Are
- How to Change Graphics Settings & Which Is Best
- How to Fix Error Code 5038f-MW1
- Can You Play Offline?
- How to Play as Aloy
Monster Hunter World Combat Guides
- How to Dodge and Roll
- How to Change Slinger Ammo
- How to Draw and Sheathe Your Weapon
- How to Lock Onto Targets
- How to Tie Down a Monster
- How to Trap and Capture Monsters
- How to Use and Aim Your Slinger
- How to Block
- How to Mount Monsters
- How to Jump on a Monster’s Back
- How to Crouch
- How to Change Equipment
- How to Sharpen Your Weapon
- How to Use Special Attacks
- How to Use Demon Mode & What it Does
Monster Hunter World Weapons and Armor Wiki
- How to Get the Ghillie Mantle
- How to Upgrade Weapons and Armor
- How to Get Potions
- How to Craft Items
- How to Get Whetstone
- How to Get Armor Sphere
- Best Weapon Types
- How to Get New Weapons and Armor
- How to Start Horizon Zero Dawn DLC Quests & Get Rewards
- How to Change Kinsect & What They Do
- How to Get the Samurai Set
- How to Get More Palico Gadgets
Monster Hunter World Handy Tips and Guides
- How to Use the Grappling Hook
- How to Change Your Character Appearance
- How to Save
- How to Cook
- How to Get Herbivore Eggs
- How to Compete in the Arena
- How to Zoom In and Out of Map
- How to Hide
- How to Track a Monster
- How to Heal and Restore Health
- How to Get Lucky Vouchers
- How to Get Trailraider Vouchers & What They Do
- How to Sprint and Run Faster
- How to Get Research Points and What They Do
- How to Get Pets
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Slide
- How to Increase Stamina
- How to Gesture & Emote
- How to Fish
- How to Open the Map
- How to Eat Meals & What They Do
- How to Use Bait (Poisoned, Tinged & Drugged Meat)
- How to Discard Items
- How to Go on Expeditions and What They Do
- How to Find and Befriend Poogie
- How to Get Money (Zenny) Fast
Monster Hunter World Quest and Crafting Items Help
- What Weapon Affinity Is
- Where the Gourmet Shroomcaps Are in the Ancient Forest
- How to Get Warm Pelt
- How to Get Earth Crystal Fast
- How to Get Wingdrake Hide Fast
- How to Get Poison Sacs Fast
- How to Get Ancient Bone Fast
- How to Get Warped Bones
- How to Get Aqua Sacs Fast
- How to Get Sinister Cloth Fast
- Where the Lump of Meat Is (Meat of the Matter Quest)
- How to Get Sleep Herb Fast
- Where to Get Throwing Knives
- How to Get Sharp Claw Fast
Monster Hunter World – Tips and Tricks for Taking on Monsters
- What Diablos Weakness Is
- How to Beat Odogaron Easily
- How to Beat Anjanath Easily
- How to be the Final Boss (Xeno’Jiiva)
- Capture vs Kill – Which Should You Do?
Monster Hunter World Multiplayer Guides
- How to Play Co-Op Multiplayer
- Is There Splitscreen Co-op?
- How to Make a Squad
- How to Go on Expeditions with Friends
Be sure to check back soon for more guides for Monster Hunter World!