Today both Microsoft and third-party developers had plenty of goodies in store for Microsoft Flight Simulator enthusiasts.
First of all, Microsoft released the brand new World Update 8, focusing on Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, and Andorra.
It includes four new handcrafted airports (Andorra–La Seu d’Urgell Airport (LESU), Pico Airport (LPPI), Faro Airport (LPFR), and A Coruña Airport (LECO)) and a ton of new content. You can take a look at the full update notes here and a trailer below.
Next, we go to Asia with a new release from Asian Airports, that launched Gimpo International Airport in Seoul, South Korea.
It’s available on Simmarket for $22 plus applicable VAT.
You can see what it looks like below.
Another brand new airport in Asia comes from Zhouke Scenery Studio, which released Changsha Huanghua International Airport (ZGHA) in China.
It’s available on Simmarket for approximately $10 plus applicable VAT.
- Model of the terminal building of Changsha Huanghua International Airport;
- Complete 18L (36R) and 18R (36L) runways (only a single runway in the MSFS default airport);
- Manually adjusted ground textures;
- Movable jetways;
- Manually calibrated ILS procedures;
- Taxiway markings made in accordance with aeronautical charts;
- The parking space added according to the aeronautical map (due to the lack of the No. 3 parking lot from Google satlite imagery hat exists in the aeronautical map, it is not added in the scenery);
- The scene around the airport and light enhance;
- Stefan completed a lot of the cockpit modeling and animations but as texturing is not done, nothing that looks cool.
- Uray is working hard on the navigation and has completed a internal tool that mimics the planning of navigation. Serious amount of time but it will pay off very well in the long term
Robert is moving very fast on the EFB.
- Also connection to Simbrief is progressing.
- Anne is completing the cargo holds this week and will move to the wheel wells.
- JaeEon is close to finishing the wings. There is so much detail there:
- The flight model was updated to SU8 and tweaked for low altitude thrust. As the FADEC module is close to being delivered we will start the thousand of hours need to test that real soon.
Last, but not least, Impulse Simulations has shown off the first renders of the terminal of Bendigo Airport (YBDG) in Australia.
f you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.