Today third-party developers had plenty of news to share about upcoming scenery add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator, alongside several releases.
It’ll come on March 22 with a release on Simmarket. Pricing info has not been shared just yet, but you can check out the trailer from a few days ago, in case you missed it.
Next comes Verticalsim, which teased Ontario International Airport(KONT) in California, US.
While the airport wasn’t officially named, some work-in-progress images of the terminals have been shared, and it’s pretty much unmistakable.
We also hear from Skyline simulations, which showcased the current work-in-progress status of Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (KCVG) in the United States.
We then move on to a bunch of new releases, starting with Northern Sky Studio, which released Seward Airport (PAWD) in Alaska, US.
It’s currently available on SimMarket for approximately $14 plus applicable VAT,
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- Custom surroundings
- Hand placed autogen buildings
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- High-resolution building textures
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
Next comes Mount Dauphin – St. Crepin aerodrome (LFNC) in France by FSDreamTeam.
- Highly detailed models in full PBR
- Fully native MSFS scenery, not a conversion
- Animated people around the airfield
- Full Dynamic Lights, with custom behaviors depending on weather and time
- Sloped Runway
- Many buildings modeled with full interiors
- Lots of static gliders with local liveries
- Custom local vehicles, Winch launcher.
- Added extra detail in the surrounding areas, roads, and vegetation
Another release comes from Burning Blue Design, which launched Fairoaks Airport (EGTF) in the UK.
It’s available on the developer’s own store for £12.95.
- Over 80 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Fairoaks airport, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on 2022 visits to Fairoaks.
- Includes new ‘temporary’ control tower adjacent to taxiway B.
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures.
- Working custom Windsocks.
- Open hangar parking and café interiors.
- Two Isuzu TACR3 Fire Trucks with realistic liveries.
- Also included is ‘Firebird 3’, in honour of the retired Ford F-150 which was based at Fairoaks until 2019.
- Dynamic scenery and lighting, which change realistically depending on the time of day and weather.
- Correct Tower frequency, AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway placement. (Taxiway A has been left active to reflect a fully operational airport)
- McLaren Technology Centre and Production Centre POI.
Last, but not least, Impulse Simulations released its first landmarks package portraying Cairns in Australia.
It’s available on the developer’s own store for $12.95.
- 40+ Hand Crafted Models
- 100+ Hand Placed Models
- Improved Night Lighting
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas
- Improved Vegetation and Night Lighting
- Floating Helicopter Pontoons
- Improved Marine Vessels
- Trinity Inlet and Smiths Creek accurately represented
- Improved Barron River Falls
- Included Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.