Third-party developers have released new assets and a new airport for the popular Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Here’s what you can expect, and the gallery.
- Incredibly detailed modelling, texturing, lighting & artwork
- Hi-fidelity Wwise Sound Package, using sounds recorded from a real P-38 Lightning
- Highly realistic Flight Model, fine-tuned down to the smallest details
- Realistic simulation of the twin, counter-rotating Alison V-1710 1600 HP engines powering the Curtiss 3-blade constant speed Props. This includes our custom temperature model, realistic engine management, prop feathering and failures for an immersive flight experience.
- Detailed custom systems modelling, including fuel, electrical, oxygen and starter systems powered by over 9000 lines of code!
- Modern Radio & Transponder integration, as well as an optional in-cockpit Garmin 430 GPS
- Optional drop-tanks for extended range flights
- Unique features such as Particle FX, canopy blowouts and blackouts!
- Plus much more!
We also hear that the developer is working on Seoul Incheon International Airport (RKSI), Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (RCTP), and Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC).
Last, but not least, we get a release. Northern Sky Studio launched Kahului Airport (PHOG) serving Maui Island, in the state of Hawaii, United States
You can purchase it on Simmarket priced at approximately $21 plus applicable VAT.
Below you can find a list of features and see what it looks like:
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- Custom surroundings
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- High-resolution building textures
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, focusing on the Xbox version and short and long-term plans for the sim (on both platforms).
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.