While it’s Sunday, third-party developers never stop in their quest to enrich Microsoft Flight Simulator with new content.
lightSimGames released new videos of its Pilatus Porter PC-6, showcasing its systems and a test flight.
We then get another in-depth look at the Airbus H145 helicopter by Hype Performance Group, which provided a look at its animation and systems.
The helicopter will enter early access later this month, so the wait won’t be much longer.
A video was also provided via YouTuber British Avgeek.
Next comes MK Studios, which provided screenshots of Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport (LPPR) in Porto, Portugal, and Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (LIRF) in Rome, Italy.
We also learn more about the developer’s roadmap.
- Helsinki has been delayed to include a high-definition terrain mesh.
- Porto will enter beta in 1-2 weeks.
- Rome will come afterward.
- Development on Lanzarote is moving on.
- Lisbon will come later this year.
Then we move on to SamScene3D, which released an impressive trailer of its upcoming New York City Times add-on.
We also hear about the features that the package will include.
- over 250 custom iconic buildings
- many famous museums, buildings, malls, hotels, banks, towers, plaza, memorial, statues, university, hospital, landmarks etc in New York Manhattan city center, including lower,central and upper parts.
- beautiful and detailed Time square area
- animating billboards in Time square area buildings
- over 160 buildings with PBR and 4K texture materials
- beautiful night effects
- many buildings and objects built with LOD function to keep frame rate friendly
- simple heliport design in Manhattan city
- high detailed design of Manhattan bridge, Brooklyn bridge, Williamsburg bridge and Queensboro bridge with animtated moving cable cars
- added so many missing iconic buildings to the default MSFS USA photogrammetry scenery
Update: the add-on has been released and you can purchase it at the developer’s own store for $14.95.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release on July 27, 2021, for Xbox Series X ad Series S.