Today third-party developers released a new aircraft and a new package of add-on airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We start with Parallel 42, which released their reproduction of Trent Palmer’s Freedom Fox. The package also includes a “Fox2” based on a Series 5 Kitfox STi.
It can be purchased on Orbx Direct for $30 and comes with the following features.
- GotGravel STOL flight model, tested by Trent Palmer
- Mod Manager w/bonus content
- Exclusive “Desert Oasis” Photosbykev scenery
- Trent Palmer pilot avatar by TwoSeventyInc
- Additional GotGravel performance mods for Fox2
- Dual Garmin G3X Units
- Realistic electrical system fault/overload simulation
- Accurate 3D Model based on Kitfox Series 5 STi
- Beringer Aero wheels and brakes
- Custom flaperon implementation
- Window scratches as you’ve never seen before! (optional)
- Free liveries forever. (we love artists)
- Custom suspension animations
- Actual Big Tires
- OneWheel & Camping gear included
- & Wig-Wag lights.
Next, comes Aerosoft, which released a package of Bavarian Airfields developed by ClearPropStudios. It includes:
- DPI Moosburg – small forest airfield with grass runway northeast of Munich
- EDMJ Jesenwang – idyllic asphalt airfield with the shortest runway in Germany
- EDNH Bad Wörishofen – idyllic grass airfield between Landsberg and Tannheim
- EDMT Tannheim – the legendary grass field, known from the former “Tannkosh” flying events
- EDMK Kempten – the highest GA grass airfield in Germany
- EDNL Leutkirch Unterzeil – customs airfield between Memmingen and Kempten
It can be purchased on Aerosoft’s own store for €30.70 including applicable VAT. Here’s what you can expect and a trailer.
- 6 GA airfields lovingly modeled after the originals down to the last detail
- Highly detailed hangars, tower with facilities and airfield buildings
- Original asphalt markings and taxiways
- Original advertisements, banners, posters, traffic lights
- Hundreds of visual flight points such as radio towers, Andechs monastery, Raisting earth station, Hohenpeißenberg, churches, power plants, spas, amusement parks, bridges, weirs and much more
- All 6 airfields open and close their hangar doors as in the original, depending on the time of day
- Complex architectural replica of the Leutkirch hangar including folding mechanism
- Animated figures at the airfields
- Complex lighting technology
- 6 original ICAO VFR airfield charts & maps
- Detailed documentation of each airfield in PDF format
Recently, we published our latest interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann and we heard more about Microsoft’s plans for the next few months, including World Update Australia.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.