Third-party developers released quite a few relevant add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator today and announced a few more.
We start with the Honda Jet by Marwan Gharib (published by FlightFX), which has been released on the official marketplace both for PC and Xbox for $24.99.
Since it has been released exclusively on the official marketplace, you’ll need to search it there. You can easily find it by using “Hjet” as a keyword.
You can purchase it for $40 (it’s currently discounted to $35) at the developer’s own store, keeping in mind that it’s an early access release and more content will be added and refined as development continues.
Below you can watch a video and read the update notes.
– Launch Firefighter variant with functional bambi bucket and functional firefighting provided by the Scenario Editor
– Firefighter variant has a unique interior with new 3d models and textures along with up to 4 crew and several objects for firefighting hoist missions.
– Add H145 Scenario Editor, a tool which enables designing missions, placing objects and allowing remote connections for multiplayer activities
– Fix HEMS stretcher states (hidden/visible/visible+patient) on tablet UI
– Add some H:Events to ConfigTool for HEMS and for show/hide pax in all variants
– Disable HMD for HEMS and Firefighter (we will verify functions on H145M in case there is a problem here)
– Add HMD H:Events – Fix livery defaults being applied after startup
– Add Events Test app for exercising all of the H:Events in H145_Keys.txt, enabling verification of the event before binding a hotkey.
The Storm add-on by SoFly announced a few days ago has also been released.
Speaking of Orbx, the developer announced Boise Airport (KBOI) in Idaho, United States.
It’s the busiest airport in the state and also a relevant military base hosting the 124th Fighter Wing and more, so it’ll certainly be an interesting addition for the simulator.
Below you can check out what you can expect.
- Detailed depiction of Boise Airport
- Custom groundpoly
- PBR textures
- Custom military static models
- 60 cm ortho
We also get another reveal from SimNord, which will release Tunø Airfield (EK76) in Denmark. You can find a couple of screenshots below.
Last, but not least, Prealsoft announced that it will launch Tunis–Carthage International Airport (DTTA), serving the capital of Tunisia.
Considering that it’s one of the most relevant airports in North Africa, it’ll certainly be another relevant addition to the simulator’s lineup.
According to the developer, it’s coming soon.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also just published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.