Third-party developers have provided new assets about upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, and released a relevant airport.
Quick update on our F-35 project: the F-35A model is now 99.9% done. There are still minor tweaks to be done here and there, but we think the quality is already acceptable.There are a couple of details we are NOT happy with, namely:
– the afterburner effect: we went for a modeled approach, but we are not happy with the results.
– the canopy glass material: in reality, it is slightly tinted but it is difficult to get it right (and you can’t trust photos that much, as it the picture depends on the lens filters and polarizers)… at the moment it has a gold-ish effect, but is probably overdone and too saturated
– the special effects: we planned to add several “special effects” via the new Visual Effects editor (transonic singularities, condensation “whiskers” etc.) but there seems to be a problem as quite often effects do not look the same in the editor and in-game.
While this F-35 model is largely based on the model we used for P3D, it has been remade/improved in many areas: main texture is now 8K, PBR (Substance) has been employed on all the parts (down to the smallest ones) and the model has many more details – and some parts have been completely remodelled (cockpit, weapon bays, landing gear, lights, engine, etc.)
The F-35B model is amost finished too, we’ll show some pictures in the next few days.
The release is by MK Studios, which launched Fuerteventura Airport (GCFV).
It’s currently available on Orbx Direct for $14.65. Below you can enjoy a few screenshots and a list of features.
- Fully detailed rendition of Fuerteventura Airport
- Accurate runway elevation profile
- High quality mesh
- Simplified terminal interior
- Up to date ground layout (2021)
- AI compatible
As usual, it’s worth mentioning that not all add-on releases are immediately available for the Xbox version of the sim, and some will never be.
Recently, we published our brand new and massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, focusing on the Xbox version and short and long-term plans for the sim (on both platforms).
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.