Today third-party developers had quite a few new assets to share about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We get a few new screenshots of the McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender from Aero Dynamics.
Incidentally, the aircraft will be freeware, and you can follow its development at the developer’s Discord Server.
- Wide variety of custom static aircraft, from DHL to FEDEX and more
- Elaborately detailed and realistic 4096×4096 textures with carefully crafted PBR materials
- Multi-layered, realistic hand-painted ground textures with PBR and custom decals
- All new Gen-5 Flightbeam Jetways, packed with astounding detail, wear & tear and precision guidance
- Control Tower interiors, comprehensive modeling and perfect for virtual plane-spotting or virtual ATC operations
- Key terminal interiors modeled for an exceptional immersive view from the cockpit
- Massive, high resolution ground imagery included, surrounding the outskirts of the airport
- Custom-made taxiway lights and runway approach lighting
- Hand placed custom apron night lights and glows for night time ops
- Aggressive LOD optimization, ensuring smooth performance even for modest systems
- Kiwi-approved product, with the vast majority of beta-testers being local to the airport
We can also expect updates down the line:
- VDGS Systems (Visual Docking Guidance System) for each gate
- Improved Living World assets (animated passengers and workers)
- 2022 and on: Updates to reflect current airport construction.
Update: a trailer was also released.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.