Today Microsoft Flight Simulator received multiple add-on releases, while more third-party developers shared new assets of upcoming packages.
First of all, we get a new aircraft, the SubSonex JSX-2 personal microjet by Ysim.
It’s currently available for $19 plus applicable VAT on SimMarket and you can read a features list and watch a trailer below.
- High fidelity 3D modeling
- High quality PBR texturing
- 5 complex liveries
- Fine tuned “Modern” flight model
- Smoke implementation
- Advanced rain effect
- Fully custom coded EFIS
- PDF manual
Next is the release of Santa Paula Airport (KSZP) in California by JustFlight.
I’m not gonna publish more screenshots because you saw more than you can shake a stick at two days ago, but you can purchase the airport at the developer’s own store for €13.95.
- Detailed modelling of 100+ hangars and buildings
- Meticulous focus on details, creating an immersive experience at the airport
- Custom animated and weather-responsive elements such as windsocks and flags
- Fully designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator with hand-crafted PBR textures for every object creating realistic depth, roughness, shadows, and highlights
- Complete night lighting environment for the entire airport area
- Enhanced elevation
- Enhanced grass and vegetation on and around the airport
- Realistic markings and obstructions on and around the airport
- Tested and validated by actual residents and aviators from the the Santa Paula airport community
The third release of the day comes from 29Palms Scenery Design and it’s Mykonos International Airport (LGMK) in Greece.
It’s available via Contrail for €12,56 plus applicable VAT and below you can read a full features list and take a look at a gallery of screenshots.
- Detailed representation of the terraforming of the airport’s surrounding area
- Sloped runway
- High-detailed 3d objects and buildings
- High detailed ground polygons and textures
- Animated apron vehicles
- Custom animated windsocks
- Detailed representation of the airport’s parking area.
- High detailed apron including the new airport’s layout lines and signs.
- High detailed night lighting most of it being “physical” (dynamic lighting)
- Fully custom taxiway, runway, reil and tower beacon lights. All the lights have been designed from scratch with custom 3d objects. Moreover, the intensity and color of their glow has been trimmed so that the outcome is much less intense and much closer to the real airport
- Custom Hazard beacon lights at airport’s surrounding area (on top of the surrounding hills)
- Custom boats and ships at the island’s port
- Three existing heliports are present in the scenery:
- Army’s Heliport at the east of the airport
- Marina’s Heliport close to Ornos beach
- Superior Air heliport close to Kalo Livadi beach
- Three characteristic landmarks have been added to the scenery:
- Windmills at Mykonos town
- Broken windmill at the south of the airport (close to the terminal)
- A lighthouse at the north of the island
Orbx released a new trailer of the upcoming Mumbai city pack, which should be released tomorrow.
The last buildings have just been planted, the airport underwent a major reform just over a year ago, several airport buildings were remodeled, the old fire department building was demolished and built near the new passenger terminal, they demolished a part of the old terminal that is no longer used and here was built the new fire department building, the DHL cargo hangar was remodeled and is now a maintenance hangar.In front of this hangar another bigger hangar was built which is used for aircraft maintenance and for parking of the maritime rescue and sanitary emergency helicopter which is shared with the airport of La Coruña.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release on July 27, 2021, for Xbox Series X ad Series S.