Today third-party developers have released a rather large number of new airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- PBR textures throughout
- High-res custom groundpoly
- True to life details, including ground vehicles, passengers, flight school and the local pilots’ favourite the 3 Greens Restaurant
- Fully custom modelled airport
- Conditional display of people models depending on season/time of day
- Created from on-site photography
- Projected mesh ground imagery
- Highly detailed art deco terminal
- Custom ground poly with effects
- Custom modelled airport buildings with PBR
- Custom modelled landmarks
Speaking of Orbx’s partners, we get to today’s big one. Cloudsurf Asia released Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport (RPLL). You can find it on Orbx Direct for $19.03.
- Massively custom built from scratch for MSFS
- Full Custom Objects specifically modeled for RPLL
- Fully modeled terminal 1,2,3,4, Cargo & maintenance areas
- Surrounding buildings fully modeled, Hotels and more
- Full PBR textures 2k & 4k
- Full custom taxi lines, markings and ground textures
- Tower, Terminal 2 & 3 modeled interiors
- Static Aircraft included and strategically placed
- LOD optimized for best performance
- VATSIM ready and all airport data up-to-date
- Custom animated jetways specifically modeled for RPLL
- Free Future Updates
Orbx also announced another GA airport in the UK, EGCK Caernarfon.
- Bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- Dynamic people and animals that will change based on time of year and day.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimized for best performance and works seamlessly with World Update 3 and our UK North POI region.
Next is a release by Aerosoft’s partner studio FlyThreePeaks, which launched Ørsta-Volda (ENOV) in Norway. It’s available on the publisher’s store for €14.30.
- Realistic recreation of Ørsta-Volda Airport (ENOV, HOV)
- All airport buildings included in high detail
- Custom grooved apron and runway
- PBR textures
- Accurate representation of the sloped runway
- Reworked vegetation, roads and elevation surrounding the airport
- Landmark buildings in the vicinity of the airport
- Detailed elevation data for the airport and close surroundings
- Accurate layout of taxiway, apron and stands
We’re far from done with new release, as next comes M’M Simulations with Dalaman Airport (LTBS) in south-west Turkey.
You can find it on Simmarket for approximately $22 plus applicable VAT.
The next release goes well with Manila and it’s actually free on Simmarket, it’s Dipolog Airport (RPMG) in the Philippines by Airwil Sceneries. Can’t really go wrong with free.
We stay in SouthEast Asia with a city package. AviaJam released its Kuala Lumpur package on Simmarket to improve the capital of Malayisia. It’s priced at $12 and comes with plenty of landmarks. It even includes the Sepang F1 circuit.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. Yesterday we also received lots of new details about upcoming content including two new aircraft and a world update focused on Nordic countries.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.