Today third-party developers had quite a few interesting reveals about upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons.
First of all, Skyline Simulations provided a look at the cockpit 3D model for its upcoming Bombardier Dash 8 100, 200, and 300.
You can take a look below.
It’s coming on July 16 for $29.95AUD and below you can read a features list and take a look at new screenshots.
- 15,000+ Hand Placed Objects
- Full PBR Texturing
- Custom Animations
- Animated Jetways
- Improved Vegetation and Grass
- 50+ Custom Assets
- 15cm Custom Orthoimagery
- Replicated Terminal Interior
- Detailed Static Aircraft
- Custom Taxiway Decals
- Realistic Ground / Apron Texturing
- Realistic Night Lighting
- Compatible with Orbx Landmarks Adelaide, AUScene’s Parafield & Aldinga Airports.
We also get a release, with Burning Blue Designs launching Popham Airfield (EGHP) in the UK.
It can be purchased at the developer’s own store for £10.95.
Catch a features list and a gallery below.
- Over 110 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Popham airfield, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) allowing for extremely realistic textures.
- Thousands of carefully placed stock assets, every cone, car, sign and fence has been placed in it’s correct location ensuring an atmosphere of a working airfield.
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism which far surpasses the quality of the stock Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ground texture.
- Working custom Signal Square, which accurately shows the most suitable runway for the wind conditions.
- Dynamic smoke effects, signs and car park, which change realistically depending on the time of day.
- New control tower built in 2020.
- Numerous custom aircraft have been added around Popham to enhance the realism and better reflect actual aircraft found at the airfield:
- Ikarus C42 (AirBourne Aviation school aircraft: G-CCYR and G-CDVI)
- Spitfire F Mk.Ia
- Yakovlev Yak-52 (G-YAKI and G-YAKX – both real aircraft based at Popham)
- Yakovlev Yak-12
- De Havilland Chipmunk
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement have been incorporated into the airfield.
- Key navigational landmarks in the surrounding area have been included:
- White Arrow – used by pilots to line up on the offset approach to 26
- Water Tower
- Grain Silos at Micheldever
- Polytunnels – marking the downwind leg of the 08-26 circuit
- BP and Esso fuel stations
- Starbucks (A303 North and South)
- Popham MX Track
- Test Valley Golf Course
- In honour of the car and motorcycle events hosted at Popham, the car park includes:
- 1946 Vespa scooter
- 1955 Volkswagen Transporter ‘T1’
- 1963 Austin Mini
- 1970 Porsche 911
- 1990 Mazda MX-5 ‘Mk1’
- 2017 Yamaha YZF-R3
Last, but not least, we get a bonus from Microsoft itself, which published an uplifting and inspiring video on Shinji Maeda, a one-eyed pilot from Japan who managed to overcome his handicap, earn his wings against all odds, and recently completed a flight around the world.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim.
A few days ago, we heard more about the Xbox version of the simulator and we saw some impressive performance upgrades for the PC version which will come at the same time.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release on July 27, 2021, for Xbox Series X ad Series S.