Today third-party developers for Microsoft Flight Simulator released new scenery and shared new assets about upcoming add-ons.
First of all, we get to take a good look at the WF Scenery Studio’s upcoming Shanghai Pudong International Airport (ZSPD) in China.
From the trailer below, it looks really impressive.
Speaking of trailers, we also get one from NZA Simulation for Nelson Airport (NZNS) in New Zealand to celebrate its release alongside Mouteka Airfield (NZMK).
Below you can find a trailer showcasing the two airports and a feature list for the two airports.
- 9000 + Hand placed objects
- 250 + Custom assets
- 50 + Unique custom buildings
- Fully 3D modeled interior of the Terminal Building & ATC Control Tower, including all shops, seating, Air NZ Koru Lounge, check-in and baggage handling areas.
- Flyable Livery for the Nelson Aviation College C172 both G1000 & Classic.
- Static Air New Zealand ATR-72 & Bombardier Dash 8 Q300
- Static local Helicopters, Including BK-117 Rescue Helicopters & Helicopters Nelson AS350
- Air NZ Regional Maintenance and Cargo, Fuel Farms, GA hangars, Nelson Aero Club, Airport House and the Fire Station all recreated as in real life.
- Other Custom Models and Landmarks such as Nelson Fun Park, Boulder Bank Lighthouse and Grampians Reserve Radio Tower and Mitre 10 Mega.
- New High Resolution custom ground aerial imagery, covering around 20km², including the Airport, Shipping Port, Boulder Bank Spit, and industrial & residential areas.
- Added Missing Approach RNAV-B and corrected RNAV-Y & RNAV-Z
- Custom animations: Advertising and departure screens and animated baggage collection.
- Fully featured airside and landside custom modeled scenery objects.
- Accurate taxiway names and markings tested and compatible with default AI and ATC
- Airport area biome enhancements to recreate the environment to match the look and feel of real life, including Rabbit Island pine plantations, and correct tree heights withing the urban areas.
- Night Lighting – Terminal and carpark lighting, ATC tower lighting, and more
- Compatible with the ORBX NZ Mesh Addon
Speaking of releases, Flight Sim Development Group launched Cape Town International Airport (FACT) in South Africa.
You can purchase it at the developer’s own store for €24,99. Check out a few screenshots and a features list below.
- Accurate and detailed rendition of Cape Town International Airport, South Africa (FACT)
- Interior modeling with 3D humans
- Animated jetways
- Optional static aircraft for more realism
- Optimized for great performance and visual results
- Compatible with all known add-ons, including ORBX Cape Town landmarks
- Manual included
Last, but not least, we take a look at new screenshots of a special Hop! livery for the Bombardier CRJ 1000 by Aerosoft, which will come alongside the CRJ 900 as a further add-on to the excellent CRJ 550/700 package.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release on July 27, 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.