Resident Evil 2 Guides, Tips, Tricks & General Info
Resident Evil 2 was a beloved title when it released on the PS1 all the way back in 1998. Well, fans have been crying out for the classic survival horror title to be remade, and Capcom has finally listened, bringing Resident Evil 2 to Xbox One, PC, and PS4.
While the original game’s tank controls and camera angles helped make it so darn terrifying, that’s no longer the case in the remake. Resident Evil 2 now has a third-person camera angle and refined controls to feel right at home in the current generation of video games.
That doesn’t mean the fear factor has gone, though, with the entire station being submerged in darkness to make for a spookier, more ambient adventure through the zombie-infested building.
It’s not just Claire and Leon’s stories that have been remade for the current generation of console, either, with both 4th Survivor and the Tofu Survivor modes also included.
To help you navigate the eerie Raccoon City Police Department, solve every puzzle, and make the most of every mode that’s packed into Resident Evil 2, we’ve put together this handy guide wiki.
It’ll talk you through everything from the basics, right through to how to beat specific bosses, and even has some tips for how to beat the Hardcore difficulty, too.
Is our Resident Evil 2 wiki missing an answer to a question you have? Sound off in the comments below and we’ll do our best to get you an answer as soon as possible.
- Release Date: Jan. 25, 2019
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Looking for general information about Resident Evil 2? This is the section you’ll want to check out. It covers everything from how much the game costs, and whether there’s multiplayer, through to whether or not the game is enhanced for PS4 Pro and Xbox One.
- Is There Splitscreen Local Co-Op Multiplayer? What You Need to Know
- Is it PS4 Pro Compatible? Answered
- Is it Xbox One X Enhanced? Answered
- Is There a Difficulty Trophy & Achievement?
- What the Preload & Unlock Times Are
- How Much it Costs
- Is it Open World? What You Need to Know
- What the Install Size Is
- Is There New Game Plus? What You Need to Know
- Is There a Fixed Camera Setting? Answered
- How to Get the 98 Classic Costumes
- How Long it Takes to Beat
- Cheats: What You Need to Know
- Should You Play as Leon or Claire? What You Need to Know
- Is the Deluxe Edition Worth it? Answered
A self-explanatory section that’ll guide you through all of the basics to help you get to grips with Resident Evil 2. How to save, change difficulty, and more is explained here.
- Beginner Tips
- How to Redeem Preorder Bonus DLC
- How to Change Difficulty
- How to Save
- How to Change Costumes
- How to Change to Original Soundtrack & Sound Effects
- All 2nd Run Scenarios Differences
- How to Increase Inventory
- How to Get Zombies Off You
- What the Red Check Mark by Items Means
Puzzle Solutions & Tips
Resident Evil 2 is teeming with puzzles and various things you’ll have to piece together on your adventure to solve. These can be a real obstacle in your run through the police station, so you’ll find handy guides for them all down below to help you out.
- How to Get the Three Medallions
- Generator Room Switch Puzzle Solution
- Main Power Room Switch Puzzle Solution
- West Office Safe Code
- Leon’s Desk Lock Combinations
- Men’s Locker Room Lock Code
- Police Station 3F Dial Lock Code
- Waiting Room Safe Combination
- How to Get Safety Deposit Room Locker Keys
- Lab Liquid Dispenser & Low Temp Testing Lab Codes Guide
- How to Get All Chess Piece Plugs (King, Queen, Rook)
- How to Get to the Clock Tower
As you progress through both Leon and Claire’s stories, there will be a number of weapons that each character can acquire along the way. This section of our Resident Evil 2 guide wiki aims to help you get your hands on every last one of them.
- How to Get the Shotgun
- How to Get the Grenade Launcher
- How to Get the Lightning Hawk Magnum
- How to Get the Lightning Hawk Magnum Parts
- How to Get the Submachine Gun
- How to Get the Rocket Launcher
- All Gun Upgrade Locations
- How to Get Infinite Ammo Samurai Edge Handgun
- How to Get Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher
There are some really random items lying around in Resident Evil 2 that you may be unsure what to do with. Below, you’ll find guides detailing how to get each of these bizarre items, as well as what they do or how to reveal their secrets.
- How to Get the Club Key
- How to Get the Spade Key
- How to Get the Heart Key
- How to Get the Diamond Key
- Where to Get the Electronic Spare Parts
- What the Dark Room Sink Is Used for
- What the Round Handle Is for
- Where the Police Car Is to Use Car Key On (Bent Key)
- All Roll Film Locations
- All Inventory Upgrade Locations
- How to Open Portable Safes
- How to Get the Electronic Gadget
- How to Get the Red Jewel & What it’s Used For
Bosses are always a tricky affair in video games, and they’re the toughest enemies you’ll face off against in Resident Evil 2, obviously. Our guides below will give you handy methods to take them down.
Secrets & Spoilers
Be it The Tofu Survivor, or The 4th Survivor game modes, or maybe just some secrets from within Claire and Leon’s stories, there’s a fair few cool secrets and spoilers to uncover in Resident Evil 2. We’ve got you covered on that front here.
- How to Go Back to the Police Station
- All Mr Raccoon Locations
- Is There a Mercenaries or Raid Mode? Answered
- How to Get the Rebecca Photo
- How to Get the True Ending
- All Endings Explained (Spoilers)
- How to Unlock & Play 4th Survivor Mode
- How to Unlock & Play Tofu Survivor Mode
- Where Chris Redfield Is (Spoilers)
- Can You Play as Ada Wong? Answered
- Story Summary (Spoilers)
- How to Get S Ranks & S+ Rank