What the Dark Room Sink Is Used for in Resident Evil 2
As you go about exploring the police station in Resident Evil 2, you’ll come across a bunch of different items and objects you can interact with. One of these is the dark room sink, which is, unsurprisingly, situated in the Dark Room. Here’s what the dark room sink is used for in Resident Evil 2, and why you’ll want to make use of it.
First of all, let’s run you through where the Dark Room is. This can be located in the west wing of the police station on the ground floor. It’s just around the corner from the stairs you’ll use to access the upper floors of this wing.
Once you’re inside, you’ll find that you can interact with the dark room sink. You can’t just use any items with this, obviously. Instead, the dark room sink is used to develop roll film that you’ll find dotted around the station in Resident Evil 2.
For example, one can be found in the Safety Deposit Room in locker 106. The Safety Deposit Room can also be found in the west wing of the station, so it shouldn’t be too tricky for you to track down this one.
To use the dark room sink, take the roll film over to it and press X on PS4 or A on Xbox One to interact with it. You can then select the film from your inventory, and choose the option to interact with it.
Immediately, the roll film will be developed, and you’ll receive a commemorative photo as a result of your efforts in Resident Evil 2. These commemorative photos actually show a treasure that can be found somewhere within the station. Acquiring two of these treasures shown in the photos will then unlock you a trophy or achievement on Resident Evil 2 called ‘Treasure Hunter.’
We’re currently compiling a list of all camera film locations in Resident Evil 2. We’ll continue to update our list below as we find more and uncover their treasure locations, too.
- Safety Deposit Room Locker 106 – This treasure can be found in the Art Room on the second floor of the east side of the Police Station. You’ll need to get the statue arm from in the room, attach it to the statue of a man, and then place the red book – that you can find in the library on the table next to the Spade Door – in his hand.
- In the Lounge, you’ll find another one of them located right next to the Unicorn Statue. Keep in mind, this one is only available in Scenario B.
- In the Firing Range, the film is behind the locked door that requires the Diamond Key.
- In the Work Room in the Sewers. This is the room directly left of the bridge activated by the Rook Plug.
- After getting the previous Roll Film, you’ll need to leave that room, and head into the room directly opposite you. Move the cabinet to access another shortcut elevator that will take you back to the station. Use the T-bar handle to open the Medallion door that leads you to the Main Hall. Head to the Dark Room to develop the film. This will show a photo of Wesker’s desk in the STARS Office. Head up here, examine his desk and get a wooden box. You’ll find another Roll Film in here, but there’s no button prompt. Pick it up anyway for a secret Easter Egg in Resident Evil 2.
Safety Deposit Room Roll Film
Lounge Roll Film
Sewer Roll Film Location
Firing Range Roll Film
Wesker’s Desk Roll Film – STARS Office
That’s all you need to know about what the dark room sink is used for in Resident Evil 2. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Resident Evil 2 guide wiki.
Question: What is the Dark Room Sink used for in Resident Evil 2?
Answer: The Dark Room sink is used to develop the camera films that can be found around the station. Once developed, you’ll be given a commemorative photo, which reveals the location of a hidden treasure within the station. Collect two of these in Resident Evil 2 and you’ll be awarded the ‘Treasure Hunter’ trophy and achievement.