How to Increase Inventory in Resident Evil 2
The Resident Evil 2 Remake brings back an all-time survival horror classic in brilliant fashion. Completely remade from the ground up, Resident Evil 2 sports a host of new feature and a brand new gameplay system done in an over-the-shoulder style, like RE4. Of course, inventory management is still a big part of the experience, so you’ll probably be wondering how to increase inventory in Resident Evil 2.
If you’ve played a Resident Evil game before, you’ll immediately be familiar with the inventory system of the remake. Your inventory is displayed on a grid, and each item takes up a certain amount of spaces on that grid.
Luckily, you can increase the number of spaces you have by finding things known as pack upgrades.
These are scattered throughout the world of the remake, and can be found tucked away in corners and hidden areas. Each pack upgrade that you find will add on two additional inventory spaces for you to make use of.
There’s a few that we’ve found so far, so we’ll list them off. We’ll update this article as we find more, and if you’ve found any yourself that we’ve missed, drop them down in the comments below.
- In the safe in the West Wing Office of the Raccoon Police Station.
- In the West Storage Room on the third floor of the West Wing of the Raccoon Police Station.
- Locked in the 203 locker in the safety deposit room in the West Wing of the Raccoon Police Station.
- In the Operator’s Room locker in the RPD basement, right after beating G-Birking Stage 1.
- In the Work Room in the Sewers. It’s the room directly left of the bridge activated by the Rook Plug.
- In the Nap Room in the Lab. The power needs to be activated with the Signal Modulator in order to access this room.
- On the Main Hall desk (Scenario B only).
We’ve included images of these inventory upgrade locations down below, too, should you be struggling to seek them out in Resident Evil 2.
We’ve also included images of all of these inventory upgrade locations in Resident Evil 2 down below.
West Wing Office
West Wing Storage Room Inventory Upgrade
Safety Deposit Room
RPD Basement – Operator’s Room Locker Upgrade
Sewers Work Room Inventory Upgrade Location
Nap Room Inventory Upgrade Location
Main Hall (Scenario B Only)
That’s everything you need to know about how to increase inventory in RE2. For even more tips and guides make sure to take a look at our Resident Evil 2 wiki. You can also check out our official review, to see what we thought of the remade survival horror classic.
Question: How do you increase your inventory in Resident Evil 2?
Answer: In order to increase your inventory space, you’re going to need to find pack upgrades that are scattered throughout the various locations of the game, like in the West Wing office safe of the Raccoon Police Station.