How to Get the Grenade Launcher in Resident Evil 2 Remake
Surviving Raccoon City is no joke, and you’ll need all the weapons you can get your hands on. One deadly firearm you can get is the grenade launcher, which deals insane damage to any enemy. If you can’t find it, here’s how to get the grenade launcher in Resident Evil 2.
This is one of the many weapons found in the original game and was only obtainable in Claire’s route. The same stays true in the remake, as you can’t get the grenade launcher in Leon’s route in Resident Evil 2. He’ll have the shotgun anyway, which should be just as effective against his enemies.
That said, you can get the grenade launcher in Claire’s route by following these steps in Resident Evil 2:
- Head to the third floor of the West Wing and grab the Spade Key off the desk in the small room.
- Travel back to the Main Hall and make your way to the east corridor of the second floor.
- From there, enter the Waiting Room and use the Spade Key on the locked door.
- Once you enter the new corridor, enter the door directly in front of you.
- You should now be in the Art Room, which should have the Weapon Storage Key inside.
- Card in hand, travel all the way back to the first floor of the West Wing and look for the Safety Deposit Room.
- At the end of that room, you will see your new grenade launcher waiting for you.
- Use the Weapon Storage Key to open the cabinet and you’ll be rewarded with the weapon.
The grenade launcher is a great weapon to use against bosses and annoying enemies such as lickers thanks to its sheer firepower. However, don’t get all too trigger happy unless you want to waste your ammo.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know about how to get the grenade launcher in Resident Evil 2. If you are looking for more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to take a look at our expansive wiki packed with more helpful guides.
Question: How do you get the grenade launcher in Resident Evil 2?
Answer: The weapon is exclusive to Claire, and can be found in a locked cabinet in the Safety Deposit Room. You can access it with the Weapon Storage Key, found in the Art Room on the second floor of the East Wing.