Today both Microsoft and third-party developers had news to share about the popular sim Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Starting with Microsoft itself, we’re getting a hotfix tomorrow at 8:00 am PT (15:00 UTC).
The patch will fix some of the issues seen on both PC and Xbox Series X|S since the latest update (and the release of the console version).
Here’s what you can expect:
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
ACTIVITY / GAMEPLAY
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs
Next, we have a bunch of releases from third-party developers, including two airports in Japan.
Double T released Hiroshima airport (RJOA), which is now available on SimMarket for approximately $14 plus applicable VAT.
Here’s what you can expect.
- Hand made and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation.
- Hand made, Realistic terminals, cargo buildings airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.
- Realistic airport lighting.
- Taxiways, aprons, runways sloped using the native MSFS system
- Optimized for performance to be used on most types of systems.
- MSFS jetways.
Next is Saga airport (RJFS) by MFSG, available on Simmarket for approximately $15. We get only 3 screenshots for this one, as the package includes the same airport for older simulators as well.
Orbx released Fall City Airport (1WA6) in Washington state, United States.
It’s currently available on Orbx Direct for $4.06 and you can see what it looks like below.
Speaking of Orbx, we also get a trailer of its EU Great Britain Central landmark scenery package revealed yesterday, likely indicating that it’s close to release.
Last, but not least, we take a look at a city pack by AviaJam, featuring Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. It’s available on SimMarket for
Here’s what you can expect:
- Emirates Palace Hotel
- ADNOC Headquarters
- The Nation Towers
- The Landmark Tower
- Investment Authority Tower
- The Gate Towers and the Arc
- Burj Mohammed Bin Rashid
- The Trust Tower
- Sheikh Khalifa Energy Complex
- Sun and Sky Towers
- Marina Square
- Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Aldar Headquarters
- Zayed Sports City Stadium
- Abu Dhabi Judicial Department
- Department of Municipalities and Transport
- And some other standard constructions.
Recently, we published our brand new and massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, focusing on the Xbox version and short and long-term plans for the sim (on both platforms).
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.