Third-party developers have released a relevant aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator on top of announcing a brand new one.
Black Box Simulation has launched its Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander, a island-hopping workhorse that has great potential to please those who enjoy this kind of scenic, short-range flights.
It’s currently available on the developer’s own store for €24.99. Below you can read a list of features and see a gallery of screenshots.
- 3 different Aircraft Variants, The base BN2-2A-2, The BN2B-20 with pointy nose and shorter engine intakes and one Militarised for Maltese Armed Forces.
Highly accurate Flight dynamics test flown by Real World Islander Pilots “She is feeling like an old Friend!” says one.
- Utilising many of MSFS special paint features, Full PBR Including Ambient Occlusion.
Extremely hi Fidelity exterior and interior models with 100% 3d Modelled Gauges.
Almost 400 thousand polygons used for External model and Virtual Cockpit.
- Fully emissive Landing lights and special “PULSE” Feature, Interior lights for Panel, flood and cabin.
- The three main doors can be opened on the ground as well as the cargo hatch.. These are Locked when in the air to prevent accidents!
- Full Avionics suite that includes the AS530 GPS, KAP140 Autopilot, A KX155A Nav Comm II Radio, Custom build KN62 DME, ADF and Transponder.
- Many Real Word Liveries included from all around the world. plus our BlackBox Special. You can practice that Killer approach over the traffic into St Barts or drop into London City Airport.
- More to come in future FREE updates.
“Following on from the popular PA-28R Arrow III for MSFS, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-28-161 Warrior II for MSFS has been developed by Just Flight’s in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Warrior II, G-BOZI, based at Conington Airfield. Already a very popular aircraft on other platforms, we are excited to bring you this incredibly detailed rendition of the Warrior II, complete with realistic wear and tear, and cockpit configuration.
The PA-28-161 Warrior II is a four-seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a fixed tricycle landing gear, 160hp four-cylinder engine and fixed-pitch propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and flight training.
The Warrior II is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. In addition to our UK research aircraft, G-BOZI, this package features liveries from the USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia and Germany.
The PA-28-161 Warrior II for Microsoft Flight Simulator features a native model and 4096 x 4096 PBR materials for the highest possible texture detail and clarity.”
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. Recently, also received lots of new details about upcoming content including two new aircraft and a world update focused on Nordic countries.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.