Today Microsoft and Asobo confirmed the release date of the next major update for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Dubbed “Sim Update 6,” the patch will launch on October 19, promising many fixes and changes anticipated by the community.
Below is a list of some of the issues which will be addressed by the update, but there will likely be many more.
- Wrong IAS calculation
- Altitude not affected by OAT
- Thrust reverser animation wrong on all aicraft
- Turboprop ITT simulation still way off
- Longitude thrust reverser messages missing
- 930 barber pole still incorrectly shows on standby instrument warning
- Decreased aircraft airspeed in cloud
- VR graphics settings are listed twice
- Menus in VR have excessive Aliasing when compared to previous version
- TCA Quadrant & AddOn problem with SU5
- Airport History not updating on world map
- Duplicate Airports and Waypoints in the Longitude
- Xcub floats unable to steer on the ground
- MSFS START CTD…today
- Cirrus SR22 – Nose-wheel doesn’t move when turning on the ground
- Citation Longitude oscillating after 220.127.116.11 Update
- Toolbar – Handle Bar – Flight Menu (triangle) will not disappear
- Tail number and call sign not registering
- Live/AI Traffic Missing Lights
- Please fix the lights on AI Aircraft
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, focusing on the Xbox version and short and long-term plans for the sim (on both platforms).
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.