Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, hopeful Pokemon Trainers are able to set foot on the full expanse of the Alola Region, Pokemon Sun and Moon’s new location based off of the Hawaiian islands. There are new mechanics in store for seasoned veterans, changes to classic Pokemon, and mysteries With all of the changes introduced in the two new releases, it’s perfectly understandable that even long-time players of Nintendo’s popular monster-catching RPG franchise will need some help getting acclimated.
Here is where you’ll find some useful information to help you get you started in Pokemon Sun and Moon. These will break down some important details that will help you choose which game to get as well as an understanding of some basic features and mechanics.
- Everything You Need to Know
- All the Differences Between Sun and Moon
- Strengths and Weaknesses by Type
- Pokemon Sun vs. Pokemon Moon: Which Is Better? Let’s Break it Down
- Can You Have More Than One Save File?
- Tips for Beginners
- How to Save
- How to Redeem Mystery Gifts
- How to Delete Save Data
- How to Run
- What Happened to Gyms
- How to Get Money Fast
Z-Moves and Crystals
Z-moves are a new additon to these games, letting you perform special attacks with your Pokemon. Here’s everything you need to know to unlock your maximum Z-move potential.
Need some help with the new Gym system? Here are the battle guides we’ve got so far.
TMs and Stones
These can help you find any TM or evolution stones you need to power up your team.
- All TMs You Can Get and Where to Find Them
- Where to Buy TMs
- Where to Get Sun and Moon Evolution Stones: Fire, Moon, and More
- Where to Get an Ice Stone
- Where to Get a Fire Stone
- Where to Get a Thunder Stone
- Where to Get a Sun Stone
HMs are no more in Sun and Moon, but they have been replaced with the Poke Ride system. Here are some guides on how you can access specific Poke Rides, and enjoy these “HMs” once more.
- All Poke Ride Pokemon
- How to Smash Rocks Around Alola
- How to Get Cut “HM”
- How to Get the Surf “HM”
- How to Fly
Some of the Alolan region’s hottest travel spots, explained.
Naturally, the little monsters you collect are at the core of the experience. These guides will ensure you pick the best starter for yourself, train them properly, and keep them happy. You’ll also find some assistance with trading and general management of your buddies.
- All New Alola Region Pokemon
- How to Choose the Best Starter
- What Care and Refresh Do
- How to Heal Your Pokemon
- How to Feed and Play with Your Pokemon
- How to Get Shiny Pokemon
- How to Breed Pokemon and Hatch Eggs
- What Do Poke Beans Do
- How to Transfer Pokemon to Sun and Moon
- How Pokemon Bank Works With Sun and Moon
- How to Trade Pokemon
Looking for a specific friend? These guides will help you find or evolve some of Sun and Moon’s most desired Pokemon.
- Where to Get Type Null
- How to Get Cosmog
- How to Evolve Eevee into Sylveon
- Where to Get Pikachu
- Where to Find Rockruff
- Where to Find Pichu and How to Evolve
- Salandit Evolution Guide
- How to Get Ash Greninja
- How to Get Munchlax
- How to Evolve Munchlax in Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Evolution Guide: Grubbin
- How to Evolve Charjabug
- Where to Catch Abra
- Where to Find Mudbray
- Where to Catch Eevee
- Where to Find Growlithe
From Exp Share to Poke Balls, these are some of Sun and Moon’s special items and where to find them. Oh, and sad news: there are no bikes in these games.
- All Poke Balls and How to Get Them
- How to Get Quick Claw
- How to Get a Red Card
- Where to Get the Scope Lens
- How to Get Exp Share
- Pokemon Sun and Moon Has No Bikes; Here’s What You Use Instead
You start off Sun and Moon with very few customization options. If you’re looking to change your appearance – be it your hair, eye color, or clothes – these guides have your back.
- How to Change Hairstyles and Color
- How to Unlock and Change Outfits
- All Pokemon Sun and Moon Hair Colors
- How to Change Eye Color (Contact Lenses)
- All Hairstyles (Male & Female)
Your Pokedex, on top of being half Rotom, has a few new tricks up its sleeve. Here’s the lowdown on QR codes, scanning, and Photo Mode.
- How to Zoom in Photo Mode
- What Island Scan Does
- What QR Codes Are and How to Get Them
- QR Codes for Older Pokemon
- QR Codes For All New Alola Region Pokemon
We’ll keep updating this wiki as we learn more. Check back soon!