All Z-Crystals – Pokemon Sun and Moon
Z-Crystals are nifty little items in Pokemon Sun and Moon that let you pull of some extravagant special moves once per battle. You’ll get a Z-Ring early on in the story, which is the item you need to pull off Z-Moves. After that, you’ll need two things: a Z-Crystal and a Pokemon that has a corresponding move to that crystal. There’s a crystal for each Pokemon type in the game, most of which you get through the story. So, for example, if you have the Normal Z-Crystal your Pokemon needs to have a Normal type move in order to use it.
Additionally, there are some Z-Crystals that are specific to certain Pokemon. Here’s all the Z-Crystals in Pokemon Sun and Moon, along with all of the Pokemon specific ones we know of so far.
- Finish Iliam’s Trial
- Defeat the first Kahuna, Hau
- Finish Lana’s Trial
- Finish Kiawe’s Trial
- Finish Mallow’s Trial
- Defeat the second Kahuna, Olivia, and trade with the Hiker in the Tapu Village PokeCenter.
- Finish Sophocles’ Trial
- Finish Molayne’s Trial
- Finish Acerola’s Trial
- Defeat Team Skull Leader Guzma in his hideout
- Defeat the third Kahuna, Nanu
- Given to you by Plumeria on Poni Island.
Ground Z- Crystal
- Defeat the fourth Kahuna, Hapu.
- Given to you by Mina at Vast Poni Canyon.
- Finish the seventh trial.
- Obtained on Mount Lanakila
- Obtained at Ten Carat Hill, but you’ll need Tauros and Machamp to get it