Today third-party developers Orbx and Aerosoft had relevant reveals about their upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
First of all, Orbx revealed its Frankfurt City pack, which was initially announced a few days ago with the developer’s roadmap for the year.
Below you can read an official features list and see lots of screenshots. For now the release date is simply “soon.”
- 11 high-detail custom landmarks including Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof (railway station), Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom
- 100 custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, and more
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Includes a custom model of the Commerzbank Arena (Waldstadion) stadium
- Custom orthoimagery covering both sides of the Main, from Schwanheim in the West to the Offenbach photogrammetry area
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
Next is Aerosoft, that revealed a new airport in Italy, Trento Mattarello (LIDT) by its partner developer ROCHi Studio. You can check out a trailer below.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. Yesterday we also received lots of new details about upcoming content including two new aircraft and a world update focused on Nordic countries.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.