Returnal has finally launched on PS5. It’s an unexpected step into the roguelite genre for Housemarque. The Finnish developer is most well known for its success with shoot ’em ups, as they brought us Resogun in 2013 and Nex Machina in 2017.
Returnal is a third-person shooter with a psychological horror storyline. It follows space pilot Selene as she wanders the alien planet of Atropos. The twist here is that she’s stuck in a time loop, and every time that she dies in the hostile environment, she must begin her exploration all over again.
This Returnal guide wiki will provide plenty of tips, tricks, and other info as you journey through the mysterious and deadly planet. The guides are broken down into different sections so that you can easily find whatever you’re looking for.
Returnal Guide Wiki
Is our wiki missing an answer to a question you have? Let us know down in the comments below and we’ll get back to you with the solution as soon as possible.
- Release Date: April 30, 2021
- Developer: Housemarque
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Platforms: PS5
- Download & Install Size
- Preload & Unlock Times
- Multiplayer Explained: Is There Co-Op, How Asynchronous Multiplayer Works
- How to Skip Cutscenes & Dialogue
- Redeeming Astra Suits Preorder Bonus DLC
- Biome List: How Many Biomes There Are
- Is There New Game Plus?
- How Long Does Returnal Take to Beat?
- Is There a Difficulty Trophy?
- Is There a Photo Mode? Answered
The Basics – Returnal Guide Wiki
- Controls Guide & Button Mapping
- How to Save
- How to Heal Your Health
- How to Dodge & Dash
- How to Sprint & Run Faster
- Malignant Items Explained: What They Do, How to Get Rid of Malfunctions
- Can You Change Difficulty?
- How to Open Locked Doors & Containers
- What Carries Over In Each Loop
Upgrades & Combat
- Best Weapons, Ranked
- How to Get New Weapons
- How to Beat Red Shield Enemies
- Using Weapon Alt-Fire Modes
- How to Melee
- Weapon Proficiency Explained: How to Increase It & What It Does
- How to Increase Max Health
- How to Increase Adrenaline Level
- Overload Mechanic Explained: What It Does, How It Works
Exploration & Xeno-Tech – Returnal Guide Wiki
- How to Open Stone Gates
- How to Break Obolite Chunks & Use Obolite Repository
- Promethean Insulators: How to Walk on Lava
- How to Open Orange Barriers
- How to Get Through Energy Barriers
- What Reconstructors do & How to Use them
- How to Get Icarian Grapnel
- How to Destroy Vine Walls
- How to Open Helios Locked Door
- How to Get Underwater Items & Swim
- How to Translate Xenoglyphs
Items & Collectibles
- Spaceship Model: What It Does & How to Get It
- Child’s Watch: What It Is & How to Get It
- Astronaut Figurine: What It Does & How to Get It
- How to Get Ether & What It’s For
- Scavenge or Avenge Deceased Scouts
- Phrike Boss Battle Guide (Overgrown Ruins)
- Ixion Boss Battle Guide (Crimson Wastes)
- Nemesis Boss Battle Guide (Derelict Citadel)
- Hyperion Boss Battle Guide (Echoing Ruins)
We’ll be updating our Returnal guide wiki as we press further through Atropos, so be sure to check back soon!