Housemarque’s upcoming sci-fi third-person shooter, Returnal, looks set to be one of the best-looking games of 2021 so far, not to mention one of the more challenging games out there. If you’re looking to start Selene’s adventure as soon as possible, you may likely be wondering what the Returnal preload times are.
Returnal Preload Times
You can preload Returnal on PS5 right now. The game’s preload period started on Sunday, April 25, almost a week ahead of the game’s official release on April 30.
All you need to do is go to the PlayStation Store on your console, search for ‘Returnal’ and then choose the option to pre-order it.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll then be able to either choose to automatically begin your preload after completing the payment process.
If for whatever reason this option doesn’t appear, you can go to your Library, select Returnal, and choose the option to begin preloading the game.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to make sure you’ve got 60 GB of free space on your PS5, otherwise you won’t be able to install the game. The actual file size of Returnal is 56.101 GB, but you’ll need the extra few GB of space for your console to complete the installation process.
When Can You Start Playing Returnal?
Once you’ve got the game all preloaded, you’ll be able to begin playing Returnal at its unlock time of midnight in your time zone on Friday, April 30.
Preordering the game will also net you two new suits for Selene to wear on her adventure. If you choose to buy the Deluxe Edition of the game, you’ll get the following in-game items as well as these two suits:
- Adrenaline Booster x1
- Digital Soundtrack
- Electropylon Driver Weapon
- Hollowseeker Weapon
- Pulsating Mass Artifact x1
- Reflex Stimulant Consumable x1
For more on Returnal, be sure to check out our incoming wiki, or in the meantime, see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Returnal Update 2.0 Finally Adds Save Cycle Feature in Addition to New Photo Mode
- Housemarque Sees Returnal as a Stepping Stone For Bigger Future Games
- New Returnal Patch Increases Deceased Scout Appearances, Fixes Crashes & Other Run Glitches
- Returnal Speedrunners are Already Beating the Game in Under 5 Minutes
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption