Developed by Housemarque and published by Sony, Returnal is the latest exclusive title to be released on PS5. It puts players in control of Selene, a space explorer trapped on an alien planet, and features roguelite elements that require you to play levels over and over again until you succeed, or die and restart. The game wastes no time in throwing you right into the action either, so if you’re looking for a Returnal controls guide, we’ve got you covered here.
Returnal Controls Guide and Button Mapping
There are two main control schemes for Returnal: Adaptive and Classic. The former is the default setup, where you aim and fire with the adaptive triggers, while the latter has you fire with individual buttons.
|Returnal Controls Guide|
|Left||Switch Consumable Left|
|Right||Switch Consumable Right|
|Down||Toggle Extended HUD|
Getting used to the controls is pretty crucial in Returnal as you’ll need to be completely comfortable with character movement and functions if you want to make it all the way to the end of a run. But of course, feel free to fiddle with the button mappings until you find a control scheme that you like.
If you don’t like either of these setups, you can also change it to Custom in the settings, and map the controls however you want them. Listed below are the default controls for Returnal:
That’s all you need to know about the Returnal controls and button mappings. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- PSA For Returnal Players: Set Your PS5 Auto-Update to Off to Avoid Losing Run Progress
- Returnal Has Reminded Me That Variety Is the Spice of Life