Today was obviously Airport-day in Microsoft Flight Simulator. While it’s rare to see a day with no add-on news, today airport developers have been extremely active.
Starting with Aerosoft, we get the release of Chania (LGSA) in Greece.
It’s currently available on the developer’s own store for €20.45 including applicable VAT and below you can watch a trailer and read a feature list.
- Realistic depiction of the airport layout and objects
- Highly detailed custom ground polygons including all the last additions of the apron layout (walkways in front of the terminal)
- Highly detailed custom 3D objects with full PBR textures covering the entire airport area
- Improvement of the vegetation (density and tree form) inside the airport and at the surrounding area
- Main landmarks addition at airport’s surrounding area
- Custom animated flags at the terminal
- Custom animated vehicles at the apron area
- Custom animated windsock
- Fully customized dynamic lights
- Sloped runway
Next, is new screenshots for Bali’s I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport (WADD), which appears to be close to release.
We also get the announcement of Franjo Tuđman Airport (LDZA) in Zagreb, Croatia, alongside the first screenshots.
La Palma Airport (GCLA) in the Canaries Islands was also announced with screenshots and a features list. It’s developed by Sim-wings.
- Highly detailed scenery of La Palma Airport, Canaries Islands
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped)
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Seamless transition to the default simulator landscape
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface
- Detailed taxi, ground lines and stands according to current maps
- Animated jetways at two parkpositions
- Many animated Objects, like Windturbines, Weatherstation and Windsocks
- Weather and Time related Humans and parasols at and around the Terminal
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
Vancouver International Airport by FSimStudios was released on Orbx’s store for a very affordable $11.
- Most up to date and detailed representation of Vancouver International Airport created for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Outstanding modeling, 4K PBR Textures, and great attention to detail.
- 0.3cm/pix custom aerial orthophotos for the airport area.
- Static Commercial and GA Aircraft.
- PBR Native Ground Polygon.
- Native MSFS SDK Jetways
- Native snow, rain effects and vegetation
- Three airports included: CYVR Vancouver International, CAM9 Vancouver Seaplane Terminal, CYHC Vancouver Harbour.
LatinVFR released San Juan Luis Munoz Marin Airport (TJSJ) in Puerto Rico. It’s available on SimMarket for $20 plus applicable VAT.
Last, but not least AviaJam published a city scenery, Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh, available on SimMarket for $6 plus applicable VAT.
On top of all the releases, we get a video directly from Microsoft showcasing the partnership with Working Title announced yesterday.
Recently, we published our massive interview with Jorg Neumann himself, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. Yesterday, we also got to hear more, including a trailer for World Update 4 which will feature France and Benelux.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.