Today was a rather active day for Microsoft Flight Simulator scenery developers, with announcements, releases, and lots of screenshots.
First of all, Orbx announced a new city pack focusing on Adelaide, Australia. Apparently, they won’t stop until they covered the whole country.
Release is planned for early next week and you you can check out screenshots and a feature list below.
- More than 90 custom landmark buildings and structures.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, marinas, tall powerline towers, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Adelaide and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas.
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain.
- Custom orthoimagery (~100 sq km) for the downtown and port areas as well as the St Vincent Gulf shoreline and salt evaporation ponds.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.
Orbx also released Ohrid St Paul the Apostle [LWOH] Airport in North Macedonia. It’s available at the developer’s own store for $13.
- Expertly optimized for best performance
- Ultra-detailed 4K textures with completely overhauled PBR texturing
- Completely AI-compatible
- Complete dynamic & emissive lighting
- Sloped runway
- Full PBR
- North Macedonia’s second busiest airport
- Developed by Teo Gerovski
Next is Flight Sim Development Group, which released its Mauritius scenery.
You can find it at the developer’s own store for 29,75€ including applicable VAT.
- Complete coverage of Mauritius (except Rodrigues)
- Complete custom aerial imagery
- Realistic reefs around the island
- Accurate and detailed rendition of Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (FIMP)
- Additional airstrip „Skydive Austral“
- Animated jetways
- Lots of additional landmarks and objects (solar fields, resorts, hotels, greenhouses,…)
- Optimized for great performance and visual quality
- Compatible with all known addons
- Manual included
- Custom taxiways and runway to match real-world operations
- Dynamic lighting
- PBR textures
- Fully-modelled buildings based on visits to the actual airport
- Fully compatible with MSFS dynamic weather
- Manual included
last, but not least, Latin VFR is updating its Barcelona airport (LEBL). You can see a trailer of what’s coming below.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. A few days ago, we also got to hear more, including a trailer for World Update 4 which will feature France and Benelux.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.