If you’re into flying classic general aviation aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator, Just Flight just released its PA-28R Turbo Arrow III & IV.
The package, available at the retailer’s shop for £29.99 / €37.95 / $44.99 depending on where you live. It’s also available in a bundle with the excellent Arrow III that was released a few months ago for £43.99 / €54.95 / $64.99.
It includes both the Turbo Arrow III and the sportier T-tailerd Turbo Arrow IV.
Below you can read an official description and a feature list.
“The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV are four-seater, turbocharged piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – ideal for touring and instrument training.
First available in 1977, the Turbo Arrow III was the first turbocharged variant of the PA-28R Arrow, retaining the conventional tail of the Arrow III and a new cowling which housed the six-cylinder turbocharged engine. The Turbo Arrow IV followed in 1979 and featured a distinctive T-tail.
The aircraft is flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity, featuring ten liveries from the USA, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Australia, and the Czech Republic.
The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and IV for Microsoft Flight Simulator features a native model and 4096 x 4096 PBR materials for the highest possible texture detail and clarity.”
- Accurately modelled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs and pushback towbar
- 4096×4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information:
– ‘Cold & Dark’, ‘Ready for Take-off’ and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
– Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
– Automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long distance cross-country flights
– GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
– Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
– Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
– Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
– KMA 20 audio selector unit
– KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
– KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
– KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
– Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (altitude hold clickspot included)
– KT 76A transponder unit
– KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
– GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter with mb and inHg barometric scales depending on units of measure setting
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Engine turbocharger fixed wastegate and overboost simulation (progressive engine failure due to overboost if wastegate fails, with EFB controls for monitoring and resetting engine damage/failure)
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
- Realistic landing gear system with emergency and automatic release at low airspeeds
- Functioning alternate air and static source controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires electric trim button to be pushed)
- Functional ELT which is automatically triggered above 4.6G
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
The Just Flight Turbo Arrow III and IV feature a MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities. Every little detail has been faithfully recreated based on high fidelity recordings from real life PA-28s.
- Original Lycoming TSIO-360 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical systems
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Authentic retractable gear whistle
- Background panel rattle on low engine RPMs and more!
The Turbo Arrow III is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
- N48427 (USA)
- D-ERMT (Germany)
- G-OBAK (UK)
- HB-PMB (Switzerland)
- VH-LLA (Australia)
The Turbo Arrow IV is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
- D-EAIV (Germany)
- G-BOGM (UK)
- OE-KFT (Austria)
- OK-MAN (Czech Republic)
- N3023K (USA)
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. A couple of days ago, we also received lots of new details about upcoming content from Microsoft itself including a new aircraft and the next world update focused on Nordic countries.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Chongqiung, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.