Far Cry 5 has finally arrived, bringing all of the explosions and weaponry that players have come to know and love from the series. This time around, players find themselves a little closer to home than in past entries, as they explore Hope County, Montana, and help lead a resistance against the fanatical cult, Eden’s Gate.
With this being an open world title, Far Cry 5 has a ton of different parts that don’t always get explained the best in the game. To give you a helping hand, we’ve compiled this guide wiki to walk you through many of the basics, and more challenging parts of your adventure.
Please note, this guide is a work-in-progress and will continue to be updated as we uncover more of the secrets of Far Cry 5. Be sure to check back soon for more guides, or sound off in the comments with a question and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
- Release Date: March 27, 2018
- Developer: Ubisoft Reflections, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Toronto
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One and PC
Far Cry 5 General Info
- How to Play Arcade Multiplayer & What it Is
- Is There Splitscreen Local Co-Op Multiplayer?
- How to Play Arcade Single-Player & What it Is
- Is it PS4 Pro Compatible?
- Is it Xbox One X Enhanced?
- Here’s How Long it Took Us to Cross Far Cry 5’s Map
- How Many Players Can Play Co-Op Multiplayer
- How Much It Costs
- Can You Get it on Xbox 360?
- Is it Coming to Nintendo Switch?
- Are There Microtransactions?
- How to Change Difficulty Settings
- What’s in the Season Pass
- 10 Things to Do After Beating Far Cry 5
- Is it Cross Platform?
- Are There Romance Options?
- Can You Get it on PS3?
- All Microtransactions & How Much They Cost
- Can You Play in Third Person?
- Can You Make a Female Character?
- How to Redeem Preorder Bonus DLC
- Is There a Mini Map?
- Best Easter Eggs We’ve Found So Far
- All Songs in the Soundtrack
- How Co-Op Progression Works
- Live Events Release Date
- How to Get Far Cry 3: Classic Edition
The Basics of Far Cry 5
- How to Get All Trophies and Achievements
- Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- How to Throw Bait
- How to Save
- How to Crouch
- How to Mark Enemies
- How to Fish
- How to Destroy Silos
- How to Open Safes
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Get More Weapon Slots & Carry More Weapons
- How to Use Binoculars
- How to Repair Vehicles
- How to Access Assassin’s Creed & Watch Dogs Content
- How to Play Co-Op Multiplayer
- How to Get Silver Bars & What They Do
- How to Customize & Upgrade Weapons
- How to Access the Map Editor
- How to Get Skill Points (Perk Points) Fast
- How to Get Resistance Points Fast
- How to Gather Intel
- How to Skip Cutscenes
- How to Get Adelaide & Add Her to Your Squad
- How to Craft Items
- How to Get Money Fast
Far Cry 5 Pets, Animals, and Companions Wiki
- How to Get Peaches the Cougar Companion
- How to Get Boomer the Dog Companion
- How to Get Cheeseburger the Bear
- How to Pet Fangs for Hire (Boomer, Peaches, Cheeseburger)
- Can You Tame Animals?
- How to Get All Fishing Rods
Far Cry 5 Character Customization Guides
- How to Get More Clothes & Outfits
- How to Customize Character Appearance
- How to Change Clothes & Outfits
- How to Get a Wingsuit
- Best Perks (Skills) You Should Get First
Far Cry 5 Combat Tips and Tricks
- What the Best Weapons Are
- All Weapons in the Game
- How to Destroy Shrines & What it Does
- How to Get a Plane Easily
- How to Beat Helicopters Easily
- How to Do a Pistol Takedown (Sidearm Takedown)
Far Cry 5 Boss Battle Guides
- How to Beat John Seed Easily
- How to Beat Faith Seed Easily
- How to Beat Jacob Seed Easily
- How to Beat Joseph Seed (The Father) Easily