Third-party developer Orbx is continuing its quest to turn Australia into the prettiest place in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
You can check the capital of the Australian state of Queensland below, alongside an official description and feature list.
Incidentally, we also get the confirmation that Orbx is working on Brisbane International Airport (YBBN) which will be the perfect complement for the city.
“Our next destination for the Landmarks takes us back to Australia with Brisbane, the most populated city and capital of the state of Queensland. The city was founded upon the traditional lands of the Jagera and Turrbal people on the banks of the Brisbane River which took it’s name from Sir Thomas Brisbane, the governor of New South Wales at the time.
With its laid-back charm, Brisbane is a cosmopolitan hub for arts, culture and a subtropical alfresco lifestyle. The city sees clear blue skies all year round and is a popular tourist destination offering many landmarks and attractions. Our TrueEarth team, led by respected flight sim developer, Holger Sandmann, have recreated this global city with carefully selected POIs, custom orthos and terraforming refinements to capture the feel and vibes of the city.
We have maintained balance and performance with our carefully selected 125 POIs, which include the Story Bridge, Eagle Street Pier and many of the hotels and apartments along the riverbank and CBD. Our hero assets allow you to get up close and personal and we have included the recently completed Brisbane Skytower (the city’s tallest building), Suncorp Stadium and the Gabba for the all the fans of rugby league, AFL and the cricket.”
- 4 high-detail custom landmarks: Brisbane Skytower, The Gabba and Suncorp Stadiums, Riverside Expressway bridge system
- 125 medium-detail custom landmarks, providing a comprehensive Brisbane skyline while balancing quality and performance
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Enhancements to the Brisbane River between downtown and the estuary: marinas, moored boats, CityCat ferries, New Farm Riverwalk, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Brisbane (Fisherman Island) and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas
- Custom orthoimagery with partially exposed tidal sandbars and wetlands east of YBBN and south of Fisherman Island
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Perfectly matched with our upcoming YBBN Brisbane Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator
A couple of days ago, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. We also have another interview with Orbx’s own CEO Anna Cicognani.
Incidentally, if you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Landmarks Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.