Far Cry New Dawn Guides, Tips, Tricks & More
Following on from the success of Far Cry 5 last year, Ubisoft has once again opted to take players to Hope County, Montana. This time around, though, the place is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Taking place 17 years after the events of Far Cry 5’s ending, the world has changed, opening up new areas of the map to explore.
Not only that, but with it being a wasteland, Far Cry New Dawn is all about crafting and trading materials in order to improve your arsenal of weapons and items. Oh, and did we mention the two rival factions that you’ll get tangled up in that drives the story forward? Well, there’s that. Oh, and there’s a doggo companion!
Basically, this is more than just a simple reskin of Far Cry 5. Far Cry New Dawn has a whole host of post-apocalyptic goodness for you to sink your teeth into, and we’re here to make sure you enjoy ever last bit of it. Our Far Cry New Dawn guide wiki takes you through everything right from the basics.
- Release Date: Feb. 15, 2019
- Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Here’s your one-stop shop for general tidbits of information on Far Cry New Dawn. Whether it’s the install size, whether it’s compatible with Xbox One X or PS4 Pro, or just whether you need to have played Far Cry 5 to enjoy it. You’ll find all of the answers here.
- Is it PS4 Pro Compatible? Answered
- Is it Xbox One X Enhanced? Answered
- Can You Play in Third Person? Answered
- Are There Cheats? Answered
- How Much it Costs to Buy
- Do You Need to Play Far Cry 5? Answered
- What the Install Size Is on PS4, Xbox One, PC
- How to Redeem Preorder & Deluxe Edition Bonus DLC
- Is There a Difficulty Trophy or Achievement? Answered
- Is There Splitscreen Multiplayer? Answered
- What the Preload & Unlock Times Are
- How to Get Far Cry Credits & All Microtransaction Prices
- How Long it Is & How Many Missions There Are
- Is There New Game Plus? Answered
Everyone needs a refresher on the basics from time to time, or maybe you’re a newcomer to the series and just can’t get your head around how to save, or heal. Well, that’s what the basics is all about.
- How to Skip Cutscenes
- How to Picklock Safes (Safekeeping Trophy & Achievement)
- How to Get Perk Points Fast & Easy
- How to Get Clothes & Outfits
- How to Change Clothes & Outfits
- How to Change Character Appearance
- How to Get Specialists & Upgrade Prosperity
- How to Get Medkits & Upgrade Them
- How to Get the Dog (Timber)
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Use Photo Mode
- Can You Change Hairstyle? Answered
- How to Fish
- How to Play Co-Op Multiplayer & How Many Players Can Join
- How to Get a Wingsuit
- How to Change Difficulty
- Best Skills to Get First
- How to Repair Vehicles
- How to Increase Health
- How to Open Safes
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Use the Grappling Hook
Crafting and Materials in Far Cry New Dawn
As we mentioned, Far Cry New Dawn takes place in a post-apocalyptic version of Hope County, so crafting and raw materials are your best friend. Here you’ll find handy guides on how to get rare crafting materials, how to craft certain items, and general tips and tricks on the crafting system.
The bulk of Far Cry’s gameplay largely focuses on combat, so that’s why we’ve got this section in here for you. Looking for tips on the best weapons, how to perform pistol takedowns, or just how to mark enemies? This is where you want to be.
- Best Weapons Guide
- How to Change & Use Throwable Weapons
- How to Revive Guns for Hire
- How to Get All Guns for Hire
- How to Upgrade Guns for Hire
- How to Give Orders to Guns for Hire
- How to Beat Enforcers Easily
- How to Get More Ammo
- How to Get More Weapon Slots
- How to Change Weapon Fire Mode
- How to Pistol Takedown
- How to Use Binoculars & Mark Enemies
Far Cry New Dawn Secrets and Spoilers
And finally, this section is exactly how it sounds. Whether it’s a spoiler you just want to know, a story summary, or you want to check out the coolest easter eggs the game has to offer, this is where you’ll find your answers.
- Things to Do After Beating Far Cry New Dawn (Post Game & End Game)
- Story Summary
- Ending Explained
- What Happened to The Father? (Spoilers)
- What Happened to the Deputy/ Rook (Spoilers)
- How to Beat Mickey & Lou
We’ll be updating this section soon, be sure to check back for all your Far Cry New Dawn secrets, spoilers, boss guides, and more.