The big Xbox One console exclusive of fall 2019 is finally here and is continues the story from the end of Gears of War 4. However, while the Kait centric campaign might be the draw for some, there’s loads of content in Gears 5 beyond that one mode.
With the traditional multiplayer, Horde mode that sees you test your skills against 50 waves of enemies, and the new co-op focused mode called Escape, there’s plenty to jump into once the main credits roll.
With so much to see and do in Gears 5, there’s a lot of mechanics to get to grips with. Our guide wiki here will have everything you need to know about each of the game’s modes.
Gears 5 Guide Wiki
Gears 5 Launch Trailer
Is our Gears 5 wiki missing an answer to a question you have? Sound off in the comments below and we’ll do our best to get you an answer as soon as possible.
- Release Date: Sept. 10, 2019 (Sept. 6 for Early Access)
- Developer: The Coalition
- Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
- Platforms: Xbox One & PC
This is where you’ll find information on things like what the install size of Gears 5 is, or how many chapters there are in the main campaign.
- How Long It Is & All Missions, Chapters & Acts
- How to Redeem Terminator Preorder DLC (Sarah Connor)
- Is It Xbox One X Enhanced? Answered
- Is There a Difficulty Achievement? Answered
- What the Install Size Is
- Preload & Unlock Times
- Meet the Voice Actors
- Things to Do After Beating Gears 5
- Is it Open World? Answered
You might be familiar with most of this section if you’ve played a Gears game before, but here’s all the basic gameplay info if you need it.
- How to Save
- How to Play Co-Op Multiplayer (Splitscreen & Online Co-Op)
- How to Change Difficulty
- Best Weapons
- How to Use Lancer’s Chainsaw Bayonet
- How to Stealth Kill
- How to Perfect Reload
- How to Heal Your Health
- How to Get Components & What They’re Used For
- How to Open the Map
- How to Execute Rejects
Gears 5’s Campaign
The campaign is likely what you’ll play first. Here are all the tips you need on tricky enemies and weapons that can be found
- How to Play as Jack the Robot (Dave)
- How to Use Jack’s Abilities & Upgrade Them
- How to Get & Upgrade Relic Weapons
- Where to Scavenge Fallen Condors Supplies (Act 2 & 3)
- How to Beat Swarmaks
- How to Store Weapon on Skiff
- How to Beat Wardens
- How to Beat Matriarch
- Lost Outsiders Side Mission Guide
- All Campaign Collectibles Locations
- How to Beat Kraken Final Boss Fight
Horde Mode Guides
Horde mode is similar to how it is in Gears 4, but here are some tips on how to beat the 50 waves of enemies.
- How to Use Ultimates (Ultimate Abilities) (Horde)
- How to Buy Perks
- How to Power Up Fabricator
- All Ultimate Abilities & Passives
The new mode can be tricky. This section is where you’ll find all the tips you need.
Gears 5 Multiplayer Guides
Here is where you’ll find all the information you need about the standard multiplayer mode in the game.
- How to Get Emile & Kat Halo Reach Characters
- How to Get XP & Level Up Fast
- Tips & Tricks for Beginners
- How to Get Supply Drops Fast & Easy
- Tour of Duty Objectives Explained: How to Complete, What They Are & More
Spoilers & Secrets
There are secrets scattered throughout Gears 5’s world and spoilers that might need explaining.
- How to Get Seriously 5.0 Achievement Guide
- How to Beat Kraken (Final Boss)
- Ending Explained (Spoilers)
- Should You Save JD or Del? Answered (Spoilers)