During acts 2 and 3 of Gears 5‘s campaign, players will be given free reign of two sandbox areas with things to uncover. The ‘Pennies from Heaven’ achievement tasks players to ‘Scavenge supplies from all fallen Condors in Act 2 and 3.’ If you’re struggling to figure out where these are, fear not, we’re here to run you through it.
Where to Find Fallen Condors in Gears 5 Act 2 & Act 3
When you’re given the freedom to explore the icy valley and the desert in acts 2 and 3 of Gears 5’s campaign respectively, you’ll want to start venturing out on your Skiff.
Anywhere that you see a yellow flag blowing in the wind around the perimeter of these areas, or anytime a ‘?’ appears on your map or one of the characters mentions a ‘Fallen Condor’ when you’re exploring, head straight to this location. We’ve circled one guaranteed fallen condor location in Act 2 on the screenshot below.
It’s worth noting that there are only three of four Fallen Condors across both acts 2 and 3, so as long as you’re exploring these open-world areas, you should find them fairly easily. They’re not hidden or out of the way, so just make sure you’re clearing out all of the question marks on your map before going past any points of no return in these acts.
How to Scavenge Fallen Condors in Gears 5
When you arrive at one of the crash sites, you’re not going to be alone. You’ll either have to gun your way through various Swarm or DeeBee enemies before you can get to the scavenging.
After clearing them out, you’ll then be able to head into the wreckage of the Fallen Condor itself. To scavenge Fallen Condors, all you need to do is look out for the small safe somewhere within the wreckage and then press X to get Jack to open it up.
Inside, you’ll find either Components to upgrade Jack’s abilities, or an Ultimate Upgrade ability for Jack that drastically changes how some of his abilities work.
- During Acts 2 and 3 when you’re free to explore on the Skiff, head to any ‘?’ you see on your map, and look out for yellow flags blowing in the wind.
- These will either be the beginning of another side mission, or a Fallen Condor crash site. Head past the yellow flag.
- Gun down the enemies inevitably waiting for you in the wreckage.
- Seek out the safe in the wreckage and get Jack to bust open the safe. Pick up the contents to successfully scavenge a fallen Condor.
That’s everything you need to know on where to scavenge fallen Condors in Gears 5. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki.
- How to Get Components & What They’re Used For
- How to Use Jack’s Abilities & Upgrade Them
- How to Get & Upgrade Relic Weapons