Gears 5 has introduced a new co-operative mode called Escape, which tasks you with blasting your way through all manner of creatures and humanoids as you attempt to reach safety. Escape can be played either online or locally. If you’re wanting to host your own custom game you’ll need to know how to create and publish Escape Hives.
How to Create & Publish Escape Hives in Gears 5
Creating and publishing your own Escape Hives is a somewhat involved process, so let’s break it down step-by-step:
- First, access the main menu, then choose ‘Escape’ by hitting A.
- Next move select ‘Map Sharing.’
- You’ll then see a menu that has both Community Maps and “My Maps.’ Select My Maps and then “Create Map.”
- Before you can play and publish your map, you’ll need to make sure it has both ‘Chapter Start’ and ‘Escape Exits.’
- To begin, choose ‘Tiles’ and start building your map according to your preference. You’ll have a budget cost to work with. Also, note that if you’re wanting to create a multi-chaptered experience then you’ll need to include saferoom tiles.
- Adding enemies is done by selecting the tile you want them to appear on and then cycling the top-left menu (bumper buttons) to place them.
- The top left menu also has Pickup options, too, which allow you to add weapons and ammo to your map.
- Now that your map is complete and you’re ready to publish, you’ll first need to actually beat it to prove it’s suitable. Access the menu and hit ‘Play and Publish’
Note: You will be prompted by the ‘Map Requirements’ tab on the right informing you of things that need to be completed before it can be published online. For example, you’ll need to make sure it has a suitable thumbnail.
If you want to test the map with friends then hit the Right Trigger from the menu to bring up the Social Panel and invite them to the lobby.
- When you’re ready to begin, the Host needs to press X to start.
- Once you have successfully completed the Hive, return to the editor menu. Once there, press ‘Change View’ to bring up the options screen and select ‘Play and Publish’ once again. You should then see the requirements have been completed and you’ll be able to press A to Publish online.
- How to Get Components & What They’re Used For
- How to Use Jack’s Abilities & Upgrade Them
- Where to Scavenge Fallen Condors Supplies (Act 2 & 3)