Rocket Panda Games released a new trailer of the upcoming 2D fighting game Phantom Breaker: Omnia, showcasing another of the playable characters.
This time around, we get to see Makise Kurisu, who likely doesn’t need to be introduced to many of you, as she is a guest character from the popular Science Adventure visual novel series Steins;Gate.
“An 18-year-old guest character from the sci-fi adventure visual novel series, Steins;Gate. A genius researcher, she utilizes strange gadgets when fighting in addition to her kick-based combat style.
An inquisitive girl known as “Assistant” by her peers, she graduated at a young age from an American university and then joined the Akihabara-based Future Gadget Laboratory. While not Duelist, her extensive (and often explosive) variety of gadgets pack quite a punch.”
Her trailer is the lastest of a series including one featuring Mikoto, one showcasing Itsuki herself, one featuring Waka, one starring Yuzuha, one showcasing Ren, one focusing on Ria, one revealing Maestra and Artifactor, one focusing on Sophia, one showcasing Shizuka, one starring Ende, one introducing the Rin & Gaito pair, one focusing on Infinity, one showcasing M, one starring Cocoa, one focusing on Tokiya, one starring Fin, and one showing off Rimi.
You can check it out below.
Phantom Breaker: Omnia releases for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on March 15, 2022. You can read an official description and feature list below and check out another gameplay trailer and one focusing on the basics.
“In the game, a mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appears in Tokyo, to manipulate vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive. The fierce clashes between these artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.”
- 20 Characters – Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced – Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more – A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.