Rocket Panda Games released a new trailer of the upcoming 2D fighting game Phantom Breaker: Omnia introducing another of the playable characters.
To be precise, we take a look at Rimi, which is actually a guest character from the Science Adventure visual novel Chaos;Head.
“A 17-year-old guest character from sci-fi adventure visual novel, Chaos;Head. As an Esper, she can conjure whatever she imagines to use in battle.
Although she lost her parents in an accident and has been treated as a test specimen in the past, her bright personality has not diminished in the slightest, nor has her imagination. While she does not possess an F.A., she is a “Gigalomaniac” who has the power to turn her own delusions into reality and wields a DI-Sword. Her DI-Sword can split down the center for dual-wield combat.”
This follows a string of more character trailers of which one featuring Mikoto, one showcasing Itsuki herself, one featuring Waka, one starring Yuzuha, one showcasing Ren, one focusing on Ria, one revealing Maestra and Artifactor, one focusing on Sophia, one showcasing Shizuka, one starring Ende, one introducing the Rin & Gaito pair, one focusing on Infinity, one showcasing M, one starring Cocoa, one focusing on Tokiya, and one starring Fin.
You can check the video out below.
Phantom Breaker: Omnia releases for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on March 15, 2022. You can read an official description and feature list below and check out another gameplay trailer and one focusing on the basics.
“In the game, a mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appears in Tokyo, to manipulate vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive. The fierce clashes between these artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.”
- 20 Characters – Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced – Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more – A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.