Today two new airports have been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator by third-party developers.
Terrainy Studios released another greek airport and it’s Ikaria (LGIK) in Greece.
It can be purchased on SimMarket for about $12 including applicable VAT. Other stores including Orbx Central should follow soon.
Below you can check out a trailer, screenshots, and a features list.
- Highly detailed 3D model of the airport and its surroundings.
- Accurate runway slope.
- Highly detailed terminal and tower interior.
- Up to 8K textures exclusively using PBR.
- Performance optimized.
- Many custom animations.
- Custom mesh.
- Countless custom buildings and landmarks around the island.
- Custom made and hand-placed villages of Fanari and Agios Kyrikos.
- Custom made ports of Agios Kyrikos, Evdilos and Agios Kyrikas Marina.
- Accuarte approach landmarks.
- Custom made/placed airport surroundings in cooperation with locals.
- Custom placed main road network.
- Custom placed vegetation.
- VFR Landmarks scattered around the island.
- Fully working ground and ATC services.
PerfectSoft released another rather exotic location, Bouarfa (GMFB) in Morocco, known for the unique architecture of its terminal.
It’s available on SimMarket for about $13 including applicable VAT.
You can check out sceenshots and features below.
- Accurate rendition of GMFB Bouarfa International Aiport
- 4K resolution textures
- Custom PBR materials throughout entire airport
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground with texture baking
- Custom taxiway signs with hand-painted taxi marks
- Realistic hand placed night lighting with floodlights and glows
- Optimized for great performance and visual quality
Last, but not least, DC Scenery Design made its Minden Webster Airport (KMNE) available for free for a limited time. At the moment of this writing, the promotion has only seven hours left, so you should hurry and get it before it goes back to its usual $12 price.
Update: while the promotion mentioned above has ended, Aix Les Milles (LFMA) by LMT Simulation has been made free for a day as well. This promotion will also last 24 hours, until midnight CET. You can see it below.
A few of days ago, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim.
Incidentally, if you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Landmarks Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.