Today Sega finally announced the western release window and more details of the latest mainline Yakuza game, Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
The game will launch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in November.
The Xbox Series X version will be a launch game when the console releases, while a PS5 release is also coming at a later date.
The Xbox Series X version will be available via Smart Delivery while an upgrade for PS5 is also planned, with details coming at a later date.
With the announcement, we also get a trailer showcasing the English voice over.
Below you can read a list of voice actors including the popular George “Mr. Sulu” Takei.
- ⦁ Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison
- George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family
- Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth
- Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission
We also hear about multiple editions that we can expect to see for Yakuza: like a Dragon. Pre-orders will be available today.
- The Day Ichi Edition, available for $59.99 in digital format, includes the Legends Costume Set incorporating eight costumes representing fan-favorite figures from the Yakuza series, from Kazuma Kiryu to Daigo Dojima. A physical edition, called the Day Ichi SteelBook Edition, also includes the Legends Costume Set and comes in a stylish SteelBook for your collection.
- The Hero Edition (for $69.99, available in digital format) includes all features from the Day Ichi Edition, as well as the Job Set, which adds two new playable jobs – the guitar-shredding Devil Rocker and the naginata-wielding Matriarch, and the Management Mode Set, which contains a wide selection of additional employees for the expansive Management Mode minigame.
- Lastly, the Legendary Hero Edition (for $89.99, available in digital format) includes all Hero Edition content as well as the full in-game Crafting Set, Karaoke Set, Ultimate Costume Set and Stat Boost Set.
If you’d like to see more about Yakuza: Like a Dragon, you can check out an epic music video, a bunch of recent commercial, the latest trailer, the previous promotional video, some gameplay from a few days ago, more gameplay showing all the jobs, some focusing on minigames, a batch of screenshots introducing the men of the Seiryukai, more showing the Omi Union crew, a few female characters that will help Ichiban Kasuga, a look at some inevitable product placement, one the at battle mechanics, another showing enemies and summons, one focusing on making money at the beginning of the game, one showcasing more advanced money-making activities, another on the new town Isezaki Ijincho, one on the Human Power stats, one on the Dragon Kart minigame, one showcasing the Bleach Japan organization, one featuring the Sujimon feature, one showcasing the return of old heroes, another focusing on how they will be summonable in battle, one showing fresh faces, and one focusing on photo mode and more.