Today was another big day for third-party airport developers in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Aerosoft released Friedrichshafen Airport (EDNY) in Germany.
You can grab it at the publisher’s own store for €15.33 including applicable VAT.
Below you can find a trailer and an official list of features.
- All airport buildings including Friedrichshafen exhibition grounds
- Hangar and operations building of the Zeppelin carrier company
- Model of the Zeppelin NT
- Dornier museum with Dornier aircraft models
- Detailed taxi and ground layout with parking positions according to current maps (March 2021)
- Terraforming to adapt the exhibition grounds to the default terrain model
- 3D harbour
Next comes Orbx, which announced a new partnership with Pushback Studio. This will bring Caboolture Airfield (YCAB) to Orbx Direct.
Apparently, they won’t stop until Australia is fully decked out, and you can see the result in the trailer below. The scenery is coming “soon.”
- Custom hangars and buildings faithfully recreated from onsite research
- Custom built ground assets and signage throughout the airfield
- Custom built static aircraft
- Recreated highway and surrounding streets
- Ortho improvements in and around the surrounding airfield
- 2400 hand placed scenery assets in the region
We then get not one, but two airport releases from JustSim.
The first is Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (LFMN), which can be found on SimMarket for approximately $23 plus applicable VAT.
Below you can find a gallery of screenshots.
Next is Riga International Airport (EVRA) in Latvia, available on SimMarket for $22 plus applicable VAT.
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. A few days ago, we also got to hear more, including a trailer for World Update 4 which will feature France and Benelux.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.