Following the Final Fantasy XIV reveals made during the latest Letter from the Producer Live, Square Enix sent a press kit with more screenshots.
We get to take another look at the content coming with update 5.5 “Death Unto Dawn” starting with The Tower at Paradigm’s Breach YoRHa Dark Apocalypse alliance raid tied-in with NieR Automata.
On top of that, a couple of screenshots showcase the new (And last) Save the Queen chapter and its battlefield, Zadnor.
Lastly, an image shows off the The Whorleater Unreal, that will pitch players against a massively buffed-up Leviathan.
You can check them all out below.
Here’s a list of features coming with the update directly from the press release.
- New Main Scenario Quests – Prospects of peace may soon fall to ruin, as Fandaniel and the Telophoroi scheme to recreate the Final Days, and ominous towers rise in all corners of the realm. With the servants of chaos amassing at every turn, will the Scions uncover their plot before it is too late?
- New Alliance Raid: The Tower at Paradigm’s Breach – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- “Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Finale – With adamantine armor and a beating, blood red core, the Diamond Weapon is the culmination of countless sacrifices and untold suffering. When the ultimate triumph of the VIIth Legion’s monstrous Weapon project descends upon Werlyt, who will be saved, and who shall fall?
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth’an – Players can tackle this new story dungeon alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters via Trust System compatibility.
- “Save the Queen” Questline Update – This latest update includes a new field area, “Zadnor,” an increased resistance rank cap, the final stage of enhancement for resistance weapons and more.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up primal, Leviathan, has returned from A Realm Reborn to terrorize level 80 heroes, providing them with a hefty challenge and chances at unique rewards.
- Crafter Updates – High-level crafters can look forward to new content in Patch 5.5 that will earn them special achievements and unique crafting tools.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – As a new age dawns in Ishgard, luminaries from across Eorzea have been invited to the Firmament to take part in a ceremony commemorating this momentous occasion. Players can obtain rewards by participating in gatherer- and crafter-focused events which will occur during these periodic celebrations.
- “Explorer Mode” Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to include level 70 dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – A new instrument will be added with Patch 5.55.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP Actions, New Custom Deliveries, New Mounts and more.
A few weeks ago, we learned that the next expansion titled “Endwalker” will release fall 2021. You can check out tons of details and the first official screenshots and art.
If you’re unfamiliar with Final Fantasy XIV, it’s currently available for PlayStation 4 and PC, while the open beta for the brand new PS5 version will open on April 13 alongside update 5.5. The upgrade will be offered free of charge to those who own the PS4 version.
If you’re interested in the game in general, you can read our latest interview with producer and director Naoki Yoshida, another with composer Masayoshi Soken, and our review of Shadowbringers.
We recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the advent of Yoshida-san as director and producer.