Octopath Traveler is set to bring some classic RPG goodness to the Nintendo Switch when it releases on July 13. Currently, we’ve got our preview up and we’re very impressed with how the game is shaping up from our time spent playing thus far.
For those unfamiliar with Octopath Traveler, the title comes from developer Square Enix and tells the stories of eight unique protagonists. Their paths intertwine as you embark on your adventure in the game, but you’ll have to choose which character you want to have as the focal point of your playthrough and that you’ll be controlling.
This is just the first of many tricky decisions you’ll have to make in Octopath Traveler, and so we’ve opted to give you a helping hand with this guide wiki. We’ve broken down everything from the basic information on Octopath Traveler, all the way through to explanations on the more complex elements of the game.
Please note, this guide is a work-in-progress and will continue to be updated as we dive deeper into Octopath Traveler. Be sure to check back soon for more guides, or sound off in the comments with a question and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
- Release Date: July 13, 2018
- Developer: Square Enix, Acquire
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Octopath Traveler General Info
- How Long it Is & How Many Chapters There Are
- What the Install Size Is
- Is There Co-Op Multiplayer?
- Is There Splitscreen Co-Op Multiplayer?
- How Much it Costs to Buy
- Is it Coming to Xbox One?
- Is it Coming to PC?
- Is it Coming to PS4?
- Is it Open World?
- Are There Cheats? What You Need to Know
- Can You Change Difficulty?
- Can You Replay Chapters?
- Is There New Game Plus? What You Need to Know
- How to Skip Cutscenes
- What’s in the Traveler’s Compendium (Wayfarer’s) Edition
- Are There Character Interactions?
Octopath Traveler: Basic Tips and Tricks
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Playing Octopath Traveler
- 5 Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- How to Check the Map
- Which Character You Should Start With
- How to Save
- How to Dismiss Temporary Party Members
- How to Transfer Save Data from Prologue Demo
- How to Learn Skills
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Steal
- How to Change Weapon Types
- How to Get Money (Leaves) Fast
- How to Avoid Random Battles
- How to Open Purple Chests
- How to Continue a Story (Tale)
- How to Do Side Quests
- How to Get the Golden Axe
- How to Check Enemy Health
- How to Disable Corner Shadows
- What to Do in Untouched Sanctum
- How to Get Domination Bonus
- How to Farm Caits
Octopath Traveler Character, Job, and Class Guides
- All Secondary Job and Class Shrine Locations
- All Advanced Job and Class Shrine Locations
- What the Difference Between Inquire and Scrutinize Is
- How to Increase Path Action Percentage Chance
- How to Level Up Fast
- How to Change Classes
- How to Remove Main Character from Party
- How to Unlock Advanced Classes and Jobs
- Can You Change Main Character or Protagonist?
- How to Change Characters and Party
- Can You Change Character Appearance?
- How to Change Clothes & Outfits
- Best Characters and Party Setup
- Best Support Skills for Every Character
- How to Equip Support Skills
- Noble and Rogue Path Actions Explained
- How to Increase Reputation
- How to Use Bewildering Grace
- What the Max Level Cap Is
- Best Weapons in the Game
- All Battle-Tested Weapon Locations
- The Best Octopath Traveler Characters, All 8 Ranked
Octopath Travler Side Quest Guides
- Way Through the Woods Side Quest Walkthrough
- Rite of Passage Side Quest Walkthrough
- How to Complete Daughter of the Dark God Side Quest
Octopath Traveler End Game Guides
- How to Get Mind-Me-Always
- How to Unlock the Post-Game Dungeon
- 4 Things to Do After Beating Octopath Traveler (Post-Game)
- All End Game Epilogue Quest Locations
- Story and Ending Summary (Spoilers)
- How to Beat the Post-Game True Final Boss (Galdera)
Be sure to check back soon for more tips, tricks, and information on the game.