Today the Japanese arm of Square Enix announced with a press release the launch date of upcoming update 5.3 for Final Fantasy XIV.
The patch is titled Reflections in Crystal and will release on August 11. Among its main features will be the conclusion of the storyline started with Shadowbringers and the next chapter of the YorHa: Dark Apocalypse raid tied in with NieR: Automata and a new stage of the Save the Queen questline.
Below you can see the logo of the update and the key artwork.
Here’s a summary of what you can expect from the update:
- Save the Queen update including a new large-scale instance titled “The Bozjan Southern Front.”
- New trial battle.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt.”
- New tribe quests for the Dwarfs.
- New custom delivery client.
- New update for Ishgard’s Restoration.
- “Skysteel Tools” update for crafters and gatherers
- New Unreal Trials battle content and Faux Hollow minigame.
- Revamp of the A Realm Reborn main story questline alongside the ability to fly in A Realm Reborn areas.
- And more (Some content will also come in update 5.31 and later).
More information will be shared by Producer Naoki Yoshida himself during one of his Letter from the Producer Live broadcasts on July 22, which will include details on update 5.3 and a look at its gameplay.
If you want to read more details about the update, you can check out our report of the previous Letter from the Producer Live.
Recently, we learned that Final Fantasy XIV has proved to be extremely successful for Square Enix, even more so after the release of the highly-praised expansion Shadowbringers, which has pushed registered users to over 18 million.
If you’d rather read something more whimsical, you can enjoy the report on our latest visit to the Eorzea Cafe in Tokyo, one about the latest orchestra concert, and our look at the recent Uniqlo collaboration.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PlayStation 4 and PC.