Today Gearbox Publishing hosted a livestream of its upcoming looter-slasher Godfall.
First of all, we get to take a look at the launch trailer of the game.
After that, we get to see plenty of gameplay showcasing the player’s home base and how Valor Plates are unlocked. The gameplay also showcases gear loadouts.
Next is a boss fight against the proto-dragon Thraex, which is at the end of a story mission (which was not showcased to avoid spoilers).
Incidentally, we hear that loot happens instantly for all players, so you don’t have to worry about someone grabbing everything.
The maximum level is 50 and every time you level up you can earn skill points. Completing endgame activities will let you acquire additional skill points to progress further in your skill grid. It’s not possible to completely fill out the skill grid (it would require 125 skill points and you can’t have that many). That being said, respeccing is “very easy.”
The endgame will include ten “Dreamstones” and then the “Ascended Tower of Trials,” which will be the ultimate test of your skill and drops unique loot, including the most compelling weapons of the game.
You can check everything out below.
If you want to see more about Godfall, you can check out the cinematic intro, plenty of gameplay on PS5, the latest trailer, another extensive PS5 gameplay presentation, a gameplay trailer from the PS5 reveal event, and one for the PC version. We also got a bunch of rather lovely wallpapers and another teaser trailer.
The game will be released on November 12 for PS5 and PC.
Here’s how the developers describe the game.
“Aperion is on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.”
- Adventure across exotic vistas, from the above-ground reefs of the Water Realm to the subterranean crimson forests of the Earth Realm
- Master all five weapon classes, each with unique playstyles and a variety of longswords, polearms, warhammers, greatswords, and dual blades
- Level up, learn new skills, and uncover legendary weapons with devastating effects on the battlefield
- Unlock 12 Valorplates: Divine, Zodiac-inspired suits of armor that empower you to shred every enemy between you and Macros
- Test your skills in the Tower of Trials and challenge yourself against the toughest foes and earn top-tier loot
- Fight solo, or alongside friends with three-player PvE online co-op play