Metal Gear Survive is a pretty big step away from the traditional Metal Gear Solid titles brought to us by Hideo Kojima. Rather than focusing on a single-player stealth-focused experience, Metal Gear Survive is all about taking on wave after wave of zombies as part of a team. Or, at least, it’s best played with others.
The problem is, Metal Gear Survive doesn’t do the best job of explaining its many different moving parts. To give you a helping hand, we’ve compiled this guide wiki to help run you through the basics, as well as some of the trickier mechanics to get your head around.
Please note, this guide is a work-in-progress and will continue to be updated as we tackle more of the game. Be sure to comment down below if you need help with something in particular, or check back soon.
- Release Date: Feb. 20, 2018
- Developer: Konami
- Publisher: Konami
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Metal Gear Survive General Info
- Is it PS4 Pro Compatible?
- Is it Xbox One X Enhanced?
- What the Download and Install Size Is
- Is There Splitscreen Co-Op?
- How to Redeem Survival Pack Pre-Order DLC
- Is There a Single Player Campaign?
- All Microtransactions & Their Prices
Metal Gear Survive: The Basics
- How to Sprint
- How to Crouch
- How to Craft
- How to Attack and Equip Weapons
- How to Use Grenades
- How to Get Resources Fast
- How to Get Walker Gear
- How to Start a Game
- How to Cure Thirst
- How to Cure Hunger
- How to Get Kuban Energy
- How to Invite and Play With Friends
- Tips and Tricks for Beginners